Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Commands = Klingon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my 23MYP (Im currently @ 2023.27.6) back in July and the voice commands worked well. I have noticed recently that every time I attempt a voice command it comes back as Klingon Ie. "Open Glovebox" comes back as "Ojbe spork". No matter what command I or the wife issues, it always comes back as Klingon. We visited the Tesla mini showroom at the mall this weekend and we both were able to successful execute commands on a 2023 M3. My Bluetooth calls over the car work fine and if I use the megaphone gimmick in the toybox that works as well. I have tried resetting the car(two buttons on the wheel). Does any1 have any ideas before I try opening a support ticket which I am sure will go nowhere.

• Funny
Reactions: Sai Ko and GWord
I received my 23MYP (Im currently @ 2023.27.6) back in July and the voice commands worked well. I have noticed recently that every time I attempt a voice command it comes back as Klingon Ie. "Open Glovebox" comes back as "Ojbe spork". No matter what command I or the wife issues, it always comes back as Klingon. We visited the Tesla mini showroom at the mall this weekend and we both were able to successful execute commands on a 2023 M3. My Bluetooth calls over the car work fine and if I use the megaphone gimmick in the toybox that works as well. I have tried resetting the car(two buttons on the wheel). Does any1 have any ideas before I try opening a support ticket which I am sure will go nowhere.
Factory reset

Have you tried checking the voice command language? Instructions on how to do that are in the manual:

(relevant section below)

Examples of Voice Commands​

Here is a list of example voice commands. This is not an exhaustive list. Tesla is constantly working to improve voice commands.
Note
To choose the language you want to use for voice commands, touch Controls > Display > Voice Recognition Language. Voice commands are not available in all languages.

Have you tried checking the voice command language? Instructions on how to do that are in the manual:

(relevant section below)

Examples of Voice Commands​

Here is a list of example voice commands. This is not an exhaustive list. Tesla is constantly working to improve voice commands.
Note
To choose the language you want to use for voice commands, touch Controls > Display > Voice Recognition Language. Voice commands are not available in all languages.
Aye

It's not Klingon, its Wacktool.
Screenshot_20231010_191123_Gallery.jpg