Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of voice commands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TopicSpeak the FollowingAction PerformedComment
Climate Control[Aircon] [A/C] [HVAC] On/OffTurn On/Off aircon systemTurns climate control on or off
Climate ControlClimate [Control], Aircon, A/C, HVAC, Fan [to] Auto(matic) [Manual]Set HVAC/Climate/Fan [to] [Automatic/Auto] [Manual]
Climate Control[Set] [Driver/Passenger] temperature [to/at] XXXX - [Degrees/LO/HIGH], 'Driver/Passenger' works when unsynced.
Climate ControlTemperature XX, Change Temperature to XXSet HVAC/Aircon to XX [degrees]Sets driver & passenger to XX even if synced
Climate ControlIncrease/Decrease the temperature (by) X degreesEx. Increase the temperature 1 degree
Climate ControlI'm ColdToo Cold, Increase Temperature, Make it warmerIncreases temp by 3F/1.5C
Climate ControlI'm hotToo Hot, Decrease Temperature, Make it cooler, "take me up Stewart"Decreases temp by 3F/1.5C
Climate ControlCool down the passengerReduces temperature by 3F/1.5C but both if synced
Climate ControlSync/Unsync/Split [Climate] [HVAC]Turn on/off climate syncSync, or unsync the temperature for the driver and front passenger
Climate ControlSync XXX to YYYXXX or YYY can be Driver or Passenger.
Climate ControlClimate Keeper [on/off]Keep [the] climate on/offSay it before you get out of the car to maintain the same climate upon your return.
Climate ControlDog Mode On/OffTurn On/Off Dog Mode, Enter Dog Mode, "It's a doggy dog world"@frugal_me thanks for the alternative command "It's a doggy dog world"
Climate ControlCamp mode On/OffTurn On/Off Camp mode, Enter Camp Mode
Climate ControlSet fan [speed] to [level] XX
Climate ControlIncrease/Decrease fan speed by XSlow fan by XDoes so and sets Climate to Manual. "to X" does not work. "Speed up" decreases speed!
Climate ControlSet/Adjust/Move [driver/passenger/both] fan/air/vents [Left/Right/Up/Down/Middle]Saying "Driver's" works the same as "Both". If you have spread out the air flow, these commands combine it. Some or any of these might or might not work, depending on the model and build-date of the car.
Climate ControlMy feet are cold/hotTurns on footwell vents and sets Climate to Manual
Climate ControlTurn on/off floor, windshield ventNote: Turn on/off face vent starts/stops Climate
Climate ControlDirect airflow to my faceI'm Straight (credit to @me_frugal)Enables face vents and sets Climate to Manual
Climate ControlTurn on/off recirculateRecirculate [on], [I need some] Fresh Air, Disbale/Enable life supportFresh Air turns off Recirc only if Climate is Manual
Climate ControlBioweapon Defense Mode On/OffEnable/Disable, Engage/Disengage. Acivate/deactivate biodefenc(s)e mode
Climate ControlOpen/Show/Close/Hide [HVAC/Climate, A/C] controlsOpens the Climate Control panel
Climate ControlHow Low Can You Gocredit (@me_frugal) Sets temperature to LOW
Climate ControlMake me hotcredit (@me_frugal) Sets temperature to HI
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Controls SettingsPreviously Quick Controls
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Pedal & Steering SettingsPreviously Driving
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Charging Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Autopilot Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Locks Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Lights Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Display Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Trips Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Navigation Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Safety Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Service SettingsThis also shows you tire pressures!
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide Software Settings
ConfigurationOpen/Close/Show/Hide HomeLink SettingsOpen HomeLinkCommand 'HomeLink' shows confgured links
ControlsAdjust left/right mirrorShow mirror settingsOpens mirror-adjustment window
ControlsAdjust steering wheelLower/Raise the steering wheel. Steering-wheel in/out
Show steering [wheel] settings
Opens steering-wheel-adjustment window
ControlsOpen/Close TrunkOr Boot if language is UK EnglishNote: Open Hatch (Model Y) opens the charge-port.
ControlsOpen [front trunk]/bonnetOpen Frunk {Bonnet in UK English)Displays "Frunk must be closed manually" after Close Frunk command. Note: Open/Close Hood opens/closes charge-port. In UK English, does not understand Frunk. 'Open front boot' (UKE) opens rear boot/trunk.
ControlsOpen/Close charge port [door]Open/Close buttholeNOTE: saying anything after "Open" other than "Frunk", "Trunk", "Browser", "Glovebox" will open the charge port
ControlsUnlock chargeportRelease charge/charging cable
ControlsOpen [the] gloveboxGlovebox
ControlsFold/Unfold mirrorsClose/Open mirrors, Mirrors fold/unfoldClose sometimes works better. Saying "afold" seems to help because the leading F gets lost.
ControlsLock/Unlock doorsLock/Unlock
ControlsLock/Unlock Windows[Turn] window locks on/off, enable/disable window locksDisables the button on the rear doors only; driver can still open/close rear windows.
ControlsTurn on/off [Both/Left/Right] child locks"Trap my kids in the car" enables child locks (credit @me_frugal)All commands turn On/Off both locks.
ControlsSave DashcamRecordNote: This saves dashcam, NOT FSD Beta video reports
ControlsStop DashcamStop dashcam recording (NOTE: Start Dashcam doesn't work, interpreted as "Start - cam"
ControlsIncrease/Decrease BrightnessIncreases/decreases screen brightness by 30%. Also decreases if you say Screen is too dim!
ControlsSentry Mode On/OffEnable/Disable sentry mode, Keep my car safeOff/Disable respond as expected but are not actioned
ControlsShow/Close/Hide Backup/Rear CameraShow me the rear camera. Rear camera.In UK, 'Backup' works better than 'Rear'.
ControlsShow/Close BluetoothBluetooth, Change Audio Source To Phone
ControlsDome Lights off/on/autoTurn on/off the Bedroom/Dome/Cabin/Overhead Lights. "I Can't See"Turn on/off footwell/ambient lights just turns on or off dome lights, also sets them to Auto.
DefrostDefrost windshield/windscreen (UKE)Turn on/off front defrost[er]. Windscreen/front defroster on/off. Defrost windshield. Defroster off.Max air and heat to windshield
DefrostWindshield/Windscreen defogger On/OffTurn on/off the defogger, Defogger OffAir to windshield
DefrostDefrost rear windowTurn on/off rear defrost[er]. Rear defroster on/off. Defroster off. Turn on/off rear window heater.Turns off automatically after 15 minutes
EntertainmentShow EntertainmentOpens the Entertainment window with Arcade, providing access to Theater & ToyBox.
EntertainmentArcadeOpen Arcade, "Entertain me (credit @me_frugal)To close, touch the X at the top right
EntertainmentTheaterTo close, touch the X at the top right
EntertainmentNetFlixOpen/Show NetFlixTo close, touch the X at the top right
EntertainmentYouTubeOpen/Show YouTubeTo close, touch the X at the top right
EntertainmentDisney+Open/Show Disney+To close, touch the X at the top right
EntertainmentOpen TwitchTo close, touch the X at the top right
EntertainmentTesla TutorialsShow/Open Tesla TutorialsTo close, touch the X at the top right
Heaters[Set] (XXX) Seat Heater [to] (YYY)Note: If the front seat-heaters are set to Auto, the commands are accepted but are ignored until Auto is turned off.XXX=[Driver/My] / Passenger / Rear Left / Rear Middle/Center / Rear Right, YYY=Low / Medium / High.
HeatersSet front/rear seats to Low/Medium/High/Off
HeatersSeat heaters On/OffTurn on/off all seat [heaters/warmers]Turns all onto 3 (High). When in Auto Mode, Off does not work.
HeatersFront/Rear seat heaters On/OffTurn on/off front/rear seat [heaters/warmers]Sets appropriate seat heaters to High or Off.
HeatersMy butt is [too] hotWarm up my butt, My [butt, bum, bottom] is coldTurns my seat heater down one notch. 'Cool my butt' not understood. Bottom, bum - reduces Climate temp by 3F/1.5C.
HeatersGive me [one, two, three] piece(s) of bacon on the [driver/passenger] seatSeat heater is turned on to Low
HeatersShow seat heatersOpens the Climate Control panel
HeatersTurn on/off steering wheel heaterMy hands are cold. Steering [wheel] heater on/off.My hands are hot turns heater on!
InformationHello TeslaTeslaOpens the specifications window for your Tesla
InformationOpen Owner's ManualShow Owner's ManualMust close manually. Close, Hide, Kill, Shut do not close but open if not already open!
Information[Show/Display] Release NotesI got an itch (credit @me_frugal)Displays the new release notes list. Close, Hide, Kill, Shut are confirmed but don't do so.
InformationShow me TutorialPulls up the tutorial videos. No need to say a model, it picks the right ones for your car!
InformationShow/Hide Tire(Tyre) PressuresTire(Tyre), Tire(Tyre) PressuresShows Service Settings, which includes tire(tyre) pressures
InformationShow/Hide OdometerShow/Hide Trips SettingsShows Trips Settings which includes the odometer and all trip odometers
InformationWhat Can You Do?Opens browser to www.tesla.com/support/voice-commands#en-[native country]. Displays "Here is what I can do so far!" Gives access via links to many more pages.
MediaChange the Source to [media source]Spotify OK; Radio - changes to TuneIn
Media[Media] Pause/Resume[Stop/Play] Music, Pausing Music, Pause Forward
MediaMute/Unmute
MediaOn TuneInOpens the last played TuneIn channel
MediaOpen/Close MusicOpen/Close Media
MediaPlay
Play a song from USB
Followed by song title, artist, etc - New for V11 - You can specify playlists by player, like "Play Radioactive Playlist on Tidal"
MediaSkip Forward/BackwardBack, Back that [whatever you want to say] up, Skip [this] song, play next song, Next [one], PreviousAdvances to next or previous song in playlist, thanks @me_frugal for finding the "back that [whatever] up" alternative, "back" also works just fine
MediaSet volume to nSets volume where n is 1 to 10. Careful - if you say 11, as in Spinal Tap, it will set it very loud with a message "volume set to 11!!!!"
MediaLower/Raise volumeTurn it down/upSays "Please Provide a non-zero number for adjusting the volume". If you add by X, it works. 'Raise' mutes the audio!
MediaIncrease/decrease volume by XPump up the jam x' increases the volumeIncreases/decreases volume by X. "to X" increases by X.
MediaSearchFollowed by what you want to search for in media
MediaShow mediaResponds 'Opening Music'.
MediaSpotifySwitches audio to play Spotify (still looking for consistent ways to select music within Spotify)
MediaRadioResponds 'Opening Radio' but does not.
MediaUSBSwitch to USBOpens USB Media Player, or restarts from where you left off
MediaSwitch to Bluetooth / Radio / Spotify / TuneIn/TidalResponds 'Opening ....' and opens Bluetooth or media window. BUT: 'Switch to Radio' responds 'Opening FM radio' but does not. 'Switch to Tidal' responds Opening AM Radio (which does not exist). Switch to TuneIn opens the Choose Media Source window.
NavigationMute / Unmute voice guidanceVoice control off/offMutes or Unmutes navigation voice guidance
NavigationCancel/Stop NavigationGoodbyeIf you already have a route active on the screen, it will cancel the route.
NavigationShow/hide satellite viewTurn on/off satellite mode/view
NavigationShow/hide traffic [view]Turn on/off the traffic [Display]
NavigationZoom in/out on the mapZoom