Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Recognition Terrible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a 2023 Model S for about a year now and one of the most frustrating issues I have is voice commands with my phone. The voice recognition when accessing the address book is poor at best. I have 2 names that are the same spelled slightly different and I don't get an option to pick one, it dials one immediately. In other cases When I say call "name" "mobile" it gives options for mobile and home. Then I have to reach over to touch the screen to pick the number. I can't say which one to pick with voice command or select from the steering wheel. This sucks, I have to take eyes off the road and selecting on the screen while in motion sometime I get the wrong name because I go over a bump.

I own a 2014 RAM that never gets the contact and specific number wrong. Also have an older infiniti that I can use voice command to pick between cell & home. I rent cars all the time and all of them are much better at accessing the contacts. When I say something at the service center they say, updates are always in the works but, they've been building cars for 10 years now and this voice recognition sucks.