Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reporting a Autopilot Safety Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having some cruise control issues on my 2020 model 3. There are several places where the cruise-control max changes without me setting it. It usually happens when I go from one freeway to another one after a transition road, setting the max to 65. However, in one place in the middle of the freeway, it goes to 45 and another place it just shuts off.
I'm sure others have experienced this. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Regardless, my question is how do you use the Report voice command? If I just say "Report" it creates a bug report, but it doesn't let me give any details. If I say "Report, Cruise Control to 45 by itself," it tries something like popping up names of Cruise companies. Any ideas?

If these problems are repeatable, you might want to state exactly where this happens. Since you're in SoCal, you are allowed to use "The" in front of the highway number and direction. Us NorCal members will translate (i.e., ignore the "the").

I think just saying "Bug report" is enough to put a timestamp in the logs so Tesla Service can later look at it and hopefully determine what the problem is.

I've been having some cruise control issues on my 2020 model 3. There are several places where the cruise-control max changes without me setting it. It usually happens when I go from one freeway to another one after a transition road, setting the max to 65. However, in one place in the middle of the freeway, it goes to 45 and another place it just shuts off.
I'm sure others have experienced this. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Regardless, my question is how do you use the Report voice command? If I just say "Report" it creates a bug report, but it doesn't let me give any details. If I say "Report, Cruise Control to 45 by itself," it tries something like popping up names of Cruise companies. Any ideas?

Say "Bug report". Then talk.

Lastly, the car reads the speed limit signs and adjusts.

If these problems are repeatable, you might want to state exactly where this happens. Since you're in SoCal, you are allowed to use "The" in front of the highway number and direction. Us NorCal members will translate (i.e., ignore the "the").

I think just saying "Bug report" is enough to put a timestamp in the logs so Tesla Service can later look at it and hopefully determine what the problem is.
Do you know if it records my verbiage after "Report," even though it pops up a non-sequitur window? Can I find the sent messages in my car?

Do you know if it records my verbiage after "Report," even though it pops up a non-sequitur window? Can I find the sent messages in my car?
I'm not sure but I don't think so. From what I've read here in this forum, doing a bug report takes a snapshot of the vehicle's current condition and puts a "flag" in the system logs which Tesla then can find when they query the car. I don't know if your verbiage is stored for them to hear. My understanding of any voice command that you make is transmitted, in real time, to the mothership (Tesla servers) and all of the voice recognition is done there.

From the manual:

You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Report", "Feedback", or "Bug report" followed by brief comments. Model S takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model S.

So, your comments are captured, but I think they have to be brief.

I found today (first time trying out FSD) that when you intervene they encourage you to press the left push-to-talk button on the steering wheel and tell them briefly why you had to intervene. So, I did that. Some were pretty scary incidents caused by FSD foolishness, so I hope they look at the submissions.

Oh, and yes today FSD randomly lowered max speed well below the speed limit. Speed limit was 65, and it dropped to 45 after being slowed by surrounding traffic. When the traffic cleared, then at first I was puzzled as to why the car was stuck at 45...until I saw the max setting, which I had not entered, and for which there had been no signs at all. 🤷‍♂️ It was an easily resolved moment of FSD doltishness that didn't endanger anyone, but it was at least momentarily annoying.