Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vorsteiner 20" Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But at those sizes I guess you didn’t have foam lining inside the tires (Acoustic tech) like in the stock Pilot Sport 4S (“TO Tesla” version), do you confirm?

My understanding is that the Tesla version of the Michelin PS4S 20” only exists in 235/35 and 275/30, but I’d love to be wrong (as I’m also looking for the 285/30 with acoustic tech)

Sorry, but you are right. 235/35/20 and 275/30/20 are the only sizes that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S comes in the Acoustic tech versions.

But at those sizes I guess you didn’t have foam lining inside the tires (Acoustic tech) like in the stock Pilot Sport 4S (“TO Tesla” version), do you confirm?

My understanding is that the Tesla version of the Michelin PS4S 20” only exists in 235/35 and 275/30, but I’d love to be wrong (as I’m also looking for the 285/30 with acoustic tech)

That's correct. I actually didn't want the foam inside the tires since I plan on testing my car on track :)

I'm interested in the group buy for the 109's. I think I'd rather at a 275 in the rear just because it is the exact same height as my stock P3D+ 20's.

Does the Model 3 do fine with mismatch tire height?
Like Zeze asked, any noticeable noise difference?
Also very curious of range or Wh/Mile.

Thanks Josh@GYW and extreme_jon for confirmations.

extreme_jon did you hear any difference in noise between stock 20” and your new wheels/tires?

I didn’t notice any difference in noise but in all fairness, I only drove around 500 miles on the stock wheels/tires. I usually had the music playing also. I’d have to jump in a stock wheel/tire combo today in order to compare. If someone is local in OC we can conduct a test!

I'm interested in the group buy for the 109's. I think I'd rather at a 275 in the rear just because it is the exact same height as my stock P3D+ 20's.

I went with 285 on the rear based on Vorsteiner’s recommendation. It fits the rim nicely. It is 26.7” rather than 26.5” tall. I figured it’s not a huge difference.

I’ve heard that when tires are changed a message pops up on the screen and asks for rim size. I wonder if the M3 is able to calibrate the speedometer?

I wasn’t able to notice noise difference but I listen to music while driving and would need to do a proper comparison.

I haven’t noticed any difference in Wh/mile that I can contribute to the tires. The largest factor which I have noticed is battery temperature, speed traveled, grade and heater use. My 30 mile average has been anywhere from sub 280-ish (my best) up to 380 (highest) based on the above mentioned variables.

I would think the rwd might be ok, but probably not something you would want to do on an AWD?

These wheels look really good, but for the price I'm having a hard time justifying over a monoblock forged wheel?

I have to say car looks badass with those and like the Zara Gray finish. Anyway to see that on a car?
Now you gotta lower the car.
A must - flush those wheels. I want to do this. It just looks so much better.

I’m waiting on lowering the car to see what it looks like after the front carbon fiber front lip, rear diffuser and side skirts are installed.