Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk-in seating, backroom, headroom?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Model Y have walk-in seating like pickup trucks and some SUVs have?

How much back room and headroom is in the Model Y?

I.e., can normally large men fit in it?

Since I don't think Tesla is shipping Model Y yet, I guess this question has to be left to people who have access to the dev units. Since most of the devs tend to be petite, I am not expecting truthful answers from them.

Does the Model Y have walk-in seating like pickup trucks and some SUVs have?

How much back room and headroom is in the Model Y?

I.e., can normally large men fit in it?

Since I don't think Tesla is shipping Model Y yet, I guess this question has to be left to people who have access to the dev units. Since most of the devs tend to be petite, I am not expecting truthful answers from them.
It is interesting to notice that Tesla, for some reasons, always black out the Model Y rear windows.

Tesla-Model-Y-prototype.jpg

On Tesla’s website the Model X says Seating for up to seven adults. The Model Y shows seating for up to seven. Based on that the 2nd row rear seats won’t be useful for Adults.

From what we have seen in the limited pics online, I am currently tending to agree as it looks VERY tight in there. Maybe someone small in stature (like my wife who is 5'), may be able to fit, but anyone close to an average size it currently seems unusable. I am anxious to see what the final configuration/setup looks like.