Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wall connector with long cord on back order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the pros and cons of the HPWC vs tesla MC. I have my wiring already installed in my parking spot for a HPWC. I'm asking does it make sense to order it now and have it on hand...or just wait? Maybe they will come out with a new version?

No worries.

If you are certain you'll order a HPWC and intend to obtain a Tesla car, then go ahead and order. I agree with jboy210: "anything that can go wrong will go wrong with your HPWC installation. Get it done sooner rather than later. You are not the only new Tesla owner waiting to order an HPWC."

Got my model Y on order, and want to prepare for set up. Both black and silver wall connectors with long cord are on back order. Anybody have any idea when this might clear?
Thanks,
JK

They have them now at some locations. I was just at a Tesla event at the Fremont Delivery Center. They had these stacks of them in silver and black available for purchase. Along with swag (jackets, sweatshirts, polo shirts) and accessories (wireless chargers, etc).

Last edited:
Unless you need the faster 48A (60A circuit breaker) charging, consider installing a more universal 40/50A NEMA 14-50 plug. A Tesla EV will come with a mobile charger rated for up to 32A. You can get an appropriate adapter for $35 each.

Only if you plan on leaving the charger plug in all the time. A Nema 14-50 (or 14-30) is designed to be plugged in and left plugged in for years as in a stove or dryer installation. The plug will wear and get loose if you plug/unplug a lot.