Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to Rent a Model X Chademo Adapter for Road Trip LA - Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys. My family and I are planning on doing an LA - Vancouver road trip in our Model X. i would like to rent a Chademo Adapter from a fellow Tesla owner in SF, North Bay, or even Portland/Seattle.

I am tentatively planning on being around SF (Aug 9-11), Portland (Aug 14-16), and Seattle (Aug 17-18).

If anyone can help me out with the Chademo rental, please message me back.

I would love to try one too, if I like it I might be more likely to buy one, but I don't wanna put out the $400+ w/o seeing if I can make use of it. If anyone is willing to rent one out in SF bay I would like to partake.

-Randy

Hello guys. My family and I are planning on doing an LA - Vancouver road trip in our Model X. i would like to rent a Chademo Adapter from a fellow Tesla owner in SF, North Bay, or even Portland/Seattle.
I am tentatively planning on being around SF (Aug 9-11), Portland (Aug 14-16), and Seattle (Aug 17-18).
If anyone can help me out with the Chademo rental, please message me back.
This one should do the trick.
CHAdeMo charging for Tesla - Adapter, Rent by the week

If you are planning to use the CHAdeMO in Canada, do some preparation beforehand. Sites are owned by several different entities and you will need to have memberships and/or registration with each one. Most use online apps to check in and pay (even the free ones require checking in to turn on). This works fine -- if you have cell data service.

Check Plugshare before going to see what the process is for each location.

My family and I are planning on doing an LA - Vancouver road trip in our Model X. i would like to rent a Chademo Adapter
Glad to see you got lots of helpful replies to your post. I am curious to know how you plan to use it given the large number of Superchargers on the main interstate from LA to Vancouver? Are you going to be making side trips to remote areas that have CHAdeMO chargers?

Glad to see you got lots of helpful replies to your post. I am curious to know how you plan to use it given the large number of Superchargers on the main interstate from LA to Vancouver? Are you going to be making side trips to remote areas that have CHAdeMO chargers?

this. up I-5 to vancouver is well covered by superchargers. lots of possibilities in van itself too.