Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted - *Brown* Model S with textile seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to be searching for a unicorn. I love the brown metallic color, and don't want leather seats. If anyone has a brown model S with textile seats that they are considering selling, or sees such a beast, please let me know. I'd like it to have sunroof and tech package.

Thanks!

We wanted brown. Tesla at the time only had red, black, white, and silver, so we opted to have it painted. Cost over $10K, but it was absolutely beautiful. Now you know about painting, you might decide to rather find some used non-leather seats, but I think it would be easier to just choose the color. It's not as if you ordered leather, but, I realize, it's your decision.

Home.JPG

Painting is definitely too expensive - but I've been considering getting a brown one with leather seats and then finding some textile seats to swap in. I wasn't sure if there would be any problems with doing that. I know Tesla doesn't like people tinkering with their cars, but I would think that swapping the seats wouldn't be an issue - can anyone confirm that there are no weird issues? (such as the airbags don't work if you swap seats, unless you pay a TSC to reprogram the car)

Would it be possible to swap in second generation textile seats into a 2013 or 2014? Or only first generation?

Thanks!

Oh - and unfortunately that P85 is well out of my price range right now. :)