Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning about late fees (Texas residents)

Jason1652

Apr 13, 2021
El Paso, Texas
I’d like to share my experience with registration and titling in Texas

I took delivery on June 11th. At the time I was not aware that If I did not complete my registration and title transfer by July 11th, I would be subject to late fees, totaling $192.16.

My registration packet from Tesla showed up on Wednesday July 7th, which would have left me 2 business days to complete my title transfer and registration without penalty. Unfortunately, I was out of town at the time and unable to complete the title transfer until July 12th, which was 1 day past the deadline.

Depending on when you receive your registration packet, you may only have a few days to complete your registration and title transfer without a penalty.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC