Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was anyone ever able to purchase a 2017 Model 3 for 35K?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW.. The debate I am having they are saying Tesla required the 9k battery upgrade on the 35K Model

I call BS on that but would really like to hear more. Anyone here , I'm assuming some have actually purchased 2018 for 35K

I did a search but not finding anyone. If you have a link to actual buyers would love to see that

BTW.. The debate I am having they are saying Tesla required the 9k battery upgrade on the 35K Model

I call BS on that but would really like to hear more. Anyone here , I'm assuming some have actually purchased 2018 for 35K

I did a search but not finding anyone. If you have a link to actual buyers would love to see that
Googling 35k SR will show a ton of hits for it, so I dont get any debate over whether it was ever actually sold. It was sold off menu but people bought them. Even edmunds bought one. There is zero debate possible over whether there was ever a tesla sold at 35k. What never happened was them making one with cloth seats, no glass roof, etc, the stuff they said they were going to make.

They just locked a SR+ and sold it for 35k. Here is one such article, there are plenty (plenty) more on the internet about that model so either there is some other debate, or people just want to argue to argue (which people do all the time). This link below is an old article from that time but relevant to your discussion. its not necessary to "find a purchaser" when a major organization announced they bought one.

35k sr.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Googling 35k SR will show a ton of hits for it, so I dont get any debate over whether it was ever actually sold. It was sold off menu but people bought them. Even edmunds bought one. There is zero debate possible over whether there was ever a tesla sold at 35k. What never happened was them making one with cloth seats, no glass roof, etc, the stuff they said they were going to make.

They just locked a SR+ and sold it for 35k. Here is one such article, there are plenty (plenty) more on the internet about that model so either there is some other debate, or people just want to argue to argue (which people do all the time). This link below is an old article from that time but relevant to your discussion. its not necessary to "find a purchaser" when a major organization announced they bought one.

View attachment 764946

Yes I already posted that ..BUT that was 2020, looking more in the 2017/2018 time frame

I was off a bit on the year. It was 2019 that it was available, not 2018.

35k model 3 2.JPG

I dont get what you are after, though. A 35k model 3 did not exist in 2017 (or 2018, as I got the release year wrong). it was available in 2019 and 2020 as these two major news organizations show, so it did exist.

The latest "end of Bolt" news may help you understand what the poster you are replying to is after.

Ahh... Well I only read the post you linked to (because I am not interested in the bolt), but if the argument was that tesla sold a 35k model 3 in 2017, thats false. They talked about it a lot, but didnt actually sell them until 2019.

People did buy 35k Model 3s, which were really just software de rated SR+ vehicles. Tesla even made an announcement at the same time that they were going to close all the sales centers to enable that price on that vehicle, but there was such an uproar they changed course on that.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
We do have a rule around not attempting to "re direct" users specifically to another forum, but that wouldnt cover links to a discussion on a forum that is only related because its another EV.

Linking there would be re direction, in other words.

When I bought my 2019 Model SR+ I asked about the SR and they said what was mentioned already. If was off-menu, you actually take delivery of an SR+ and then in a month or so you would receive an OTA software update that would lower your range from 240mi to 220mi and I think disabled the heated seats and some fog lights and interior lighting. I also think it had standard cruise control and not AutoPilot. Anyway, I passed on it and bought the SR+ for right around $40k minus the $3,750 tax credit at the time. So, if you factor in the tax credit $36,250, which is pretty close. Crazy to think the same car is now $45k and rising. Thanks Covid, inflation, supply chain, blah, blah.