Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washer nozzles clogged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, are the nozzles clogging an issue?

I have a 2022 model Y... i used up all the washer fluid that came with the car.. then 6 months later winter hit recently so i bought some and filled up the res... nothing came out. I traced it to the nozzles being clogged... everyone of them.. i think there are 4 of them. I find this very strange thing to happen.

Usually when the Tesla Model Y windshield washer stops working the cause is that the washer hose has come off of the connection to the washer fluid pump/reservoir. To access the connection remove the frunk shroud. The washer hose connection will be visible on the passenger side. (Reconnect the hose if disconnected, use a small plastic tie to secure the hose.)

I need to remember there are less technically or mechanically savvy people out there... I say twice that I tested the nozzles and still not believed that I could test something so utterly simple lol

I pulled one off and blocked the outlet to the next nozzle with my finger then blew into the other. Nothing. I stuffed a pin into the nizzle and felt it push through some substance the last couple mm of travel. Tried blowing into it again and still nothing. What I did so I could get home was used a 1/16th drill bit and drilled the little channel that T's off towards the nozzle itself from the through passage. This little area is on the underside of the nozzle assy... and BAM! I could now drive home and wash the windshield.

Someone said I should use a different brand of washer fluid. The fluid that went through the system was the fluid that telsa put in it. This is the fist time I added fluid. I think this is really the only thing i can think of that whatever they used dried and crystalized or something like that.

All 4 are clogged so defo weird situation.

Last edited:
I need to remember there are less technically or mechanically savvy people out there... I say twice that I tested the nozzles and still not believed that I could test something so utterly simple lol

I pulled one off and blocked the outlet to the next nozzle with my finger then blew into the other. Nothing. I stuffed a pin into the nizzle and felt it push through some substance the last couple mm of travel. Tried blowing into it again and still nothing. What I did so I could get home was used a 1/16th drill bit and drilled the little channel that T's off towards the nozzle itself from the through passage. This little area is on the underside of the nozzle assy... and BAM! I could now drive home and wash the windshield.

Someone said I should use a different brand of washer fluid. The fluid that went through the system was the fluid that telsa put in it. This is the fist time I added fluid. I think this is really the only thing i can think of that whatever they used dried and crystalized or something like that.

All 4 are clogged so defo weird situation.
If frozen maybe a hair dryer would have helped thaw the washer fluid line. My 2020 LRMY has the original wiper blade/washer jet design. Washer fluid flows out from one jet per blade and just runs along the top edge of the wiper blade (not very impressively I might add.) The new wiper/washer design was supposed to be an improvement.