Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water entering from rear passenger seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

X

In the most recent rains I noticed a puddle of water in my rear passenger mat (a considerable amount). Both me and my gf never opened the rear pssenger door when it was raining and I couldn't find any source of water (i.e., loose water bottle or anything) in the rear. The only logical explanation is that somehow (concerningly) water made its way in due to the rain. The question is, from what? Anyone else here have similar issues and/or recs on service? This is a 2022 MY built in Nov 2021.

I couldn't find any leakages from ceiling and, from pictures, my hypothesis is that it somehow made its way in through the right rear passenger door? You can see picture taken from inside the car BEFORE opening the door I notice a small line of water in the seal, and when I opened the door you can water caught there. I didn't observe this in any other door.

I've sat my car out in the (torrential) CA rains in the previous months and this hasn't happened at all.

I looked at the "drainage holes" alongside the door and none of them seemed to be clogged.