Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Passenger Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I had my model y for two weeks now and after closing the doorfor past two weeks i noticed the rear passenger door is not alligned or the corner is bent? Is this normal or will this be fixed at service?

IMG_0199.jpeg

If the paint is scuffed on the edge, that would mean the door was opened and hit something to bend it (non warranty).
If the paint is intact, you could argue that it was somehow bent during manufacture, and would therefore be covered under warranty.

Good luck with this. It doesn't seem to be a clear-cut cause/effect.

(Repair might require body-shop expertise, not just a tech with a towel and a wrench.)

Reactions: rlsd
If the paint is scuffed on the edge, that would mean the door was opened and hit something to bend it (non warranty).
If the paint is intact, you could argue that it was somehow bent during manufacture, and would therefore be covered under warranty.

Good luck with this. It doesn't seem to be a clear-cut cause/effect.

(Repair might require body-shop expertise, not just a tech with a towel and a wrench.)
Yeah i thought the same thing. There is no scratch on it and the paint is fine but when I open the door from inside it looks like the metal is warped or bent like not sure how that even happens. If its a bodyshop job, do i just drop it off at a tesla service center

No need to drop it anywhere, as it would just sit, lonely, ignored, for days on end when the job might very well be quickly taken care of by a qualified body shop tech with a towel and a wrench!!!

Are you sure there's no removed paint along the edge? Check it carefully, as this might indicate an accidental impact, as opposed to a defect.

First, visit a Service Center and have them inspect. Personally, I would NOT want anyone to try to repair it unless they're qualified.

No need to drop it anywhere, as it would just sit, lonely, ignored, for days on end when the job might very well be quickly taken care of by a qualified body shop tech with a towel and a wrench!!!

Are you sure there's no removed paint along the edge? Check it carefully, as this might indicate an accidental impact, as opposed to a defect.

First, visit a Service Center and have them inspect. Personally, I would NOT want anyone to try to repair it unless they're qualified.
There is no scratches at all just checked right now all edges. I have an upcoming service appointment for a trim repair that the previous tech scracthed. Should i ask him then? Like i literally cannnot see or feel any scratches on it. It looks just bent or warped

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0202.jpeg
    IMG_0202.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Pianewman
Just wanted to provide you guys with an update. Mobile service said hes never seen door like this and theres no scratches. Told me its going need further inspection but when I called tesla service they said usually if its passed 100 miles or 7 days they wont accept it. I will schedule a service appointment at a service center and see what they say!

This what they said:
“Technician inspected customers concern and verified the rear LH door is bent didn’t see no
scratches will need further diagnosis.”

Last edited: