Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water spill on backseat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rz5b

May 28, 2024
CA
I accidentally spilled a full bottle of water on my backseat. But I didn't find much water on the seat surface. Did water flow to the area under the seat? Mine is Model Y 2023 and I couldn't access the area under the backseat. How should I remove the water? Will it damage some electrical system or battery?

I accidentally spilled a full bottle of water on my backseat. But I didn't find much water on the seat surface. Did water flow to the area under the seat? Mine is Model Y 2023 and I couldn't access the area under the backseat. How should I remove the water? Will it damage some electrical system or battery?
If you’re gonna lose sleep over it (or just be distracted), pull up the rear seat:
Move the front seats forward (to give you some room) and slide your fingers down the middle front face of the rear seat until you feel where it meets the platform. Pull it up and forward a bit. Then reach back to the back and tip it up and forward 90 degrees. Be aware of the seat heater cable on the port side.

Have fun!

Technically yes, but it’s in the weather-sealed penthouse of the high voltage battery. That would be the last thing I’d worry about.

I saw a news story a couple of days ago about a female EV owner (not Tesla) who placed her soaked floor mats into the trunk. The water then flowed into the air pump, causing the air suspension to stop working properly. So you'd better check it out carefully.