Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Week 1 in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i collected my Tesla 1 week ago and I am still a happy Bunny. I just wanted to share some thoughts, lessons and experiences.
  • Don't put child lock on and sit in the back seats. Its hard to climb through to the front to get out.
  • Don't use fart mode in the dark when you have a 2 year old in the back seat. He though it was a monster (his words not mine). It was followed by tears.
  • The piano black is easy to mark as everybody says. I was putting usb cables in and noticed i had made a small mark. Moments later i had order an AO Wrap.
  • The USB ports in the front a really hard to plug into as the lighting is in the wrong place (you constantly block the light)
  • I had to fiddle with USB ports a bit to make everything work. Eg. My Hub does not have enough power for both the Controller and the SSD to be plugged in at the same time.
  • Range anxiety, is a real thing. The cold weather does not help, but i had found changing to % and the only worry about watt hours per mile, which with 3 adults and 2 children in the car I managed to get to 324 (at night)
  • Teslifi is great, but I need to stop worrying about if your car is sleeping or not (at also stops you opening the App as you can check everything from there)
  • Left my car in a train station carpark with Sentry mode on. Left it for around 35 hours, lost 35 miles of range
  • I am amazed at the handling. I am so used to under steer from the big heavy lump in the front. The model 3 is pretty nimble for a heavy car, it turns in well. (i really want to take it out and push to see when it becomes unstuck)
  • On mine, it seems the BT calling is perfect, in fact they are better than most of the cars i have had.
  • You can fit an adult between 2 child seats in the back, If you dont like the Adult and you want them to enjoy a low level of pain for the trip.
  • In my week of ownership, the car has already saved me £17.
Things that dont get old:
  • Getting into a car on a cold day, where the seat it warm and your inside temperature is perfect
  • The acceleration keeps making me smile.
  • The Seats are sooo comfortable.
  • Easy entry mode.
  • The Joy of seeing another model 3 driver in your local town or on the road.
Areas for improvement:
  • The Lights in the Cubby hole
  • Wipers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Autopilot at night, in road works. Phantom braking is worrying when it happens.
  • Some of the Screen buttons are quite far away.
  • Being able to connect to 2 mobile phone via BT at the same time (i have a work phone and Personal phone)
  • Change the black gloss finish.

Final question:

Parking:
Ok, I am normally pretty good at parking. (good being, I can park in the middle of a space without any issues). Since moving to my tesla I can seem to park straight, I also had a odd issue where i was much closer to a bush than my camera lead me to believe. Anybody else found this?
Have you tried parking in an ecotricity bay yet? The lines are not square on to the curb/charger! That took some fathoming out lol.