Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird door handle issue!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Model S door handle works but doesn’t present. If I use the interior handle the exterior handle will present and open the door (even after closing as long as it doesn’t recess again). Any ideas?
the Door is electronic so the interior handle is still releasing it. Gonna be a replacement for sure. Happened to all of my doors eventually with varying degrees of failure. eventually it will present but not open. Mobile service was able to come out. They were kind of shocked because I had what they called a unicorn with a painted roof and old style harnesses for my handles. I think the replacement handle that they put in had fewer wires all around so hopefully when you do get it replaced it will last much longer.

Upvote 0
It will present and work as normal if I open it first from the inside. I can close it and open it after it presents using the exterior handle, and keep opening and closing long as it doesn’t recess again, if it does I open from the inside and keep going. So the only thing that has stopped working is the presenting when pushed Or from unlocking.

Upvote 0
My driver's door handle just started acting up: presents only about 1/3 of the way out. Other than that it works like it should. There is also no constant whirring door handle motor noise like when the handles won't present at all. Is this just a partial failure waiting to become a complete failure or is there an easy fix?

Upvote 0