Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird looking residue lines on front rotors MXP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After only 650 miles my 2 month old MXP has developed these lines on front discs. The rears are what I’d describe as normal. 1st two pics is fronts and 2nd is rears.

It’s not necessarily grooves when I run my fingernail I don’t feel much of a dent but perhaps some sort of pad residue or maybe rust if pad doesn’t make even contact. If this was debris I’d expect rears to have it too.

Anyone else has this and does it warrant brake inspection/ pad contact check? Bedding the brakes doesn’t seem to remove it as I’d expect if all was normal rust.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpeg
    IMG_1563.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1565.jpeg
    IMG_1565.jpeg
    546 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1564.jpeg
    IMG_1564.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 16
Back yard mechanic here.

I would watch the fronts, one in particular, and if you take it to the service center for anything else then also mention this for the record.

Rears look good.

Turn off REGEN for a day or two and drive it like you stole it to exercise the brakes and pads then take another look. 650 miles on the brakes with Regen is not that much especially because it's new to you and your probably driving it like a little old lady on her way to church :) 😔😔😔

Not driving like an old lady but not like I stole it for sure. I’ll turn off regen and do a true bedding regiment of heating up brakes and then doing a few emergency stops. It’s just annoying as I’ve gotten to distrust Tesla on quality due to the numerous other small issues each in their own the car was delivered with.