Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird sound from car during accleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just curious if anyone with Model S experienced this issue before. I have a 2019 Performance Model S with close to 18k miles. Been good so far but heard this creaking noise lately. It’s coming from the car as I slowly accelerate from full stop. Starting from 0 mph and accelerating, it creaks. The sound then stops. Links to the videos are included below.

I have the same exact issue. I have a 2021 Model S LR (Non refresh). I took it to the SC yesterday and I was told that it is a known issue and they are replacing the half shafts/axles on the car. I have approximately 4100 miles. The concerning part isn't so much that they are replacing them...it's the fact that my advisor stated that it's likely to return. Parts are on back order and my follow up appointment isn't until 11/2.

I also took my car in for service on 9/24. I had to replicate the noise for the service mechanic. He knew right away about the issue. But they didn’t replace any parts for the vehicle. The service advisor mentioned that my axle bolt was loose and they torqued both driver and passenger sides. The noise did go away for now.