Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wet roads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been out in my highland in really horrible rain and found that when driving through standing water I could noticeably hear the water spraying up against the underside of the car . I have been driving 4x4 vehicles for the last 10 years so I can’t remember if this is normal for a car that is so low to the road.
Has anyone else experienced this? It was only noticeable on country roads and was completely absent on the motorway.

Just been out in my highland in really horrible rain and found that when driving through standing water I could noticeably hear the water spraying up against the underside of the car . I have been driving 4x4 vehicles for the last 10 years so I can’t remember if this is normal for a car that is so low to the road.
Has anyone else experienced this? It was only noticeable on country roads and was completely absent on the motorway.

Don't worry until you can't hear it. 'Cause that means you're floating.

Upvote 0
Speaking of driving in heavy rain. I just went through a very heavy unexpected rain on a short road trip. Had to slow to 55 MPH as the visibility was poor. At least an inch or more of standing water on the road. Had a huge effect on rolling resistance. Initially it was projected to arrive home with 28% charge remaining. As I drove it kept going down until it went to 5%! Just when I got within 2 miles of my decision point to detour to a supercharger the rain eased up. I continued on and got home with 7% charge remaining.

An education!

Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0