Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s this icon for? The rectangle with the letter “A” in it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3214.jpeg

I'm not 100% sure but I read that anytime someone accesses the vehicles location from the app it will now display a warning on the screen in the case. I haven't see it yet but my guess is that "A" is for App and someone is accessing your vehicles location from an app like from an iPhone or Android device w/the Tesla app installed.

Upvote 0
Thank you you I did look over the manual but not in that section

No problem. I had remembered seeing it in there. I look through there periodically, since Tesla updates it without saying much of anything, so even if you looked online, if you went to a saved link, maybe it was an older version that didnt have it.

Upvote 0
When this first appeared i read about it and was puzzled why it came on every so often when i drove the car.

In the beginning i thought it was my wife checking to see when i would be home, but some of the times it did it, she was in the car with me.

Found out, the Tesla integration in Home Assistant actually "pings" the car and this is seem by the car as an access of the GPS location (Which it offcourse is in practice..)

Upvote 0
No problem. I had remembered seeing it in there. I look through there periodically, since Tesla updates it without saying much of anything, so even if you looked online, if you went to a saved link, maybe it was an older version that didnt have it.
I was so proud of myself downloading the manual to all our devices so I could just look things up while in the car (back then I didn't have data on my phone, I do now, another expense I had to add thanks to owning a tesla.) Then I learned that all that time spent reading the manual before getting the car was practically wasted. The obscure stuff that I barely remember has changed over the past 3 years.

Upvote 0