Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What a refreshing difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a new plaid Model X because of the price cuts at end of quarter. I've owned model Xs since 2016 and traveling was fine because of the unlimited supercharging. But the range difference between the 2016 and 2023 is completely understated. We have 5 kids and on our trips before we would stop to eat to charge enough to continue(also the supercharging network was nowhere near as prevalent as it is today). We stopped just to use the restroom a couple of times and in about 5-10 minutes of time(closer to 10 because 4 of our kids are female🤣🤣) we were getting over 100 miles back in range. I hope the degradation does not limit this too much but I am incredibly pleased with the new range and charging capabilities. Very impressed.

And I should clarify better in the old model x we would eat because we would have to stop for at least 45 minutes to charge enough to continue to the next charger. The new one is the one that was getting the charge rates of 100+ miles in 5-10 minutes

Just got a new plaid Model X because of the price cuts at end of quarter. I've owned model Xs since 2016 and traveling was fine because of the unlimited supercharging. But the range difference between the 2016 and 2023 is completely understated. We have 5 kids and on our trips before we would stop to eat to charge enough to continue(also the supercharging network was nowhere near as prevalent as it is today). We stopped just to use the restroom a couple of times and in about 5-10 minutes of time(closer to 10 because 4 of our kids are female🤣🤣) we were getting over 100 miles back in range. I hope the degradation does not limit this too much but I am incredibly pleased with the new range and charging capabilities. Very impressed.
Yeah, Teslas get updated so often that it actually makes sense to swap them out every few years!