Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are these cables ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I had a 2014 P85+ with all the upgrades for that time except AP and 2nd gen seats. I was so happy with the car but I decided to trade the car in for a new 75D or a CPO P85D. I bought the P85D. I drove to drive the car. Very good overall conditions. The car had the smart air suspension light on (red light in the dash board). The seller told me that any issues the car had are going to be fix prior delivery..

When the car arrived I noticed that the air suspension only goes high or very high. The red light is gone and the car is not in jack mode.

Also one of the panels (front passenger) was loose and two cables are not connected.

Any Idea of what these cables are for? (See the attachment)
Any input for the Smart air suspensions. Maybe the compressors ?

So far the overall experience with the CPO program has been less than stellar.

Thanks
Tesla.jpg

I bought a used Model S privately. The owner asked his local service centre for the service history and they emailed several PDFs (which he forwarded to me). The files they sent listed all the work Tesla had ever done on the car. If you could get this information for the one you are buying, it should include what Tesla diagnosed for the air suspension and what they have done to fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
This may be redundant, but air suspension will not go low when doors are open. Have you tried lowering while driving?

While driving the only options were high or very high. The air suspension light in the dashboard lighted up "red" (jack mode) while driving.

I did called the ranger service and they verified the log and forwarded the info to the engineers. After a factory reset now all is good.

• Informative
Reactions: whitex
I bought a used Model S privately. The owner asked his local service centre for the service history and they emailed several PDFs (which he forwarded to me). The files they sent listed all the work Tesla had ever done on the car. If you could get this information for the one you are buying, it should include what Tesla diagnosed for the air suspension and what they have done to fix it.

I did try to get the records from them. According to privacy issues the records can not be release. Is so easy to remove the names of the previous owners and provide me with the info.

I did try to get the records from them. According to privacy issues the records can not be release. Is so easy to remove the names of the previous owners and provide me with the info.
It worked for me because the former owner obtained the records from Tesla before the sale was completed and then forwarded those emails to me.
Ideally, Tesla should enable owners to see the service history of the vehicles they own in the associated online account i.e. what work has been done by which Tesla SC and when - but without any owner details or costs.