Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are we missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on 2019.8.3 and this morning got another update to.......2019.8.3 (I guess a later build). The release notes say...

"Introducing new Navigation (Beta)
Introducing a new navigation system for your vehicle that provides improved routes, more accurate arrival times, and a more responsive instrument cluster view to better display upcoming maneuvers."

And some bug fixes for Dog Mode.

I'll try out the nav later on.

I'm in the UK and on AP2.0.
The nav is worse - the fancy graphics showing overhead signs and lanes have gone and are replaced with a tiny box with lane arrows.

The nav is worse - the fancy graphics showing overhead signs and lanes have gone and are replaced with a tiny box with lane arrows.
Sounds like you just got the new Nav which is separate to the software updates. Mine appeared in June last year, maybe you were delayed by lack of access to WiFi?

I have to disagree about the new nav being worse, IMO the new Nav is night-and-day better than the previous system. One key improvement is better integration of live traffic data - on the old system we used to get crazy detours because the system appeared to be mis-interpreting some data resulting in phantom road blocks. As far as I can tell the maps are more up-to-date and update more quickly as well (and compared to other manufacturers the old system wasn't that bad either).

I hope you get used to the new graphics. I find them much clearer - particularly for navigating road junctions in urban areas - but also because, for me at least, the old system lagged so that it gave turn instructions too late to be of practical use. I kind of miss the pictures of cities and hills passing by on the motorway, and the tunnels, but the new system is simpler and better for conveying key information (again. IMO).

Sounds like you just got the new Nav which is separate to the software updates. Mine appeared in June last year, maybe you were delayed by lack of access to WiFi?

I have to disagree about the new nav being worse, IMO the new Nav is night-and-day better than the previous system. One key improvement is better integration of live traffic data - on the old system we used to get crazy detours because the system appeared to be mis-interpreting some data resulting in phantom road blocks. As far as I can tell the maps are more up-to-date and update more quickly as well (and compared to other manufacturers the old system wasn't that bad either).

I hope you get used to the new graphics. I find them much clearer - particularly for navigating road junctions in urban areas - but also because, for me at least, the old system lagged so that it gave turn instructions too late to be of practical use. I kind of miss the pictures of cities and hills passing by on the motorway, and the tunnels, but the new system is simpler and better for conveying key information (again. IMO).
TBH I haven't notice much difference in the actual navigation function. I'm sure I'll get used to the graphics - they are as just as good as any other sat nav out there. It's just that the old graphics were "whoa!!!!" whereas the new ones are "meh". I mean, look how cool they are! First world problems. lol

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-04-23 at 17.30.40.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-23 at 17.30.40.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 68
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-04-23 at 17.30.13.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-23 at 17.30.13.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: cezdoc