Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What cameras does a '17 S 75D cone with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys😊 It'll still be 10 days or so before I get my new used car which will be my daily driver, but I’m wondering what cameras it has in it, as far as being able to see what’s going on around your car. I looked into it a little bit and they both just had rear cameras. I was thinking there were side cameras as well though. I would love to have a front camera because this thing is going to be a pretty tight fit in my garage and I will have to take it close to the wall every time. Anyway thank you for clearing this up for me and sorry for the run-on paragraph

There are front cameras that are used by the autopilot system, but there is not a front bumper cam of any form that will show you how close you are to a wall or an obstacle when you are parking the car. No Tesla's have that at the moment.

I would expect that your car does have ultrasonic sensors in the front bumper that will alert you to proximity to a solid object, like a wall or another car. My experience with them on my mid-2016 MS90D is that this was quite good at telling me distance such that I could park my car consistently within 12" of the wall at the front of my garage. But they will not pick up low objects like a curb or localized objects like a post as well.

Great reply, thank you. I appreciate all the info! I will probably have to look into some other way to get within 2 inches of the front wall 🤪 My friend says we can extend my garage 12 inches in a weekend for not a lot of money it’s just a little one car garage. But if I can find a reliable way to get that close every time, I don’t need to extend it at all. And that’s giving it a couple inches behind the garage door. Tight but doable

simple way would be to get one of those laser pointers and hot wire it to garage opener light n position it in a way that lets u know when u cleared the door or reached the wall, depends how u wanna set it up
i was gonna do that little project for myself but never got around it.
on amazon n ebay, they have variety of these laser pointer based garage parking assists...