Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What causes the clicking/sliding motion felt thru the accelerator pedal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? When you start to drive, maybe a few seconds in, there's a small hum noise and a sliding/clicking feel as if something is going on behind the accelerator pedal. Happens for about 2 seconds and then not again until another drive later.
I'm assuming this isn't just my car.
Anyone know what is going on that causes this?
I ask because I had it happen for a longer amount of time, louder and with more clicks, after about 40 minutes of driving today. That's definitely new for me

Thanks

Hmm this is probably not it, but I hear and feel a little when the Auto "Hold" is engaged. I wonder if it has something to do with your breaks auto disengaging if that is turned on?

I would adjust your settings to "Roll" for a day or two and see if that resolves it -- if so, maybe get a services appointment.

But I can't say i've ever heard or felt this other than the expected feeling of the car removing the breaks.

Hmm this is probably not it, but I hear and feel a little when the Auto "Hold" is engaged. I wonder if it has something to do with your breaks auto disengaging if that is turned on?

I would adjust your settings to "Roll" for a day or two and see if that resolves it -- if so, maybe get a services appointment.

But I can't say i've ever heard or felt this other than the expected feeling of the car removing the breaks.
Nah, it’s not the “Hold” click. It’s pretty darn exact to what OP described. If you were/ever experienced it you would say that OPs description is spot on.

Reactions: T3slaM0del3
I have the exact same thing happening to my 2021 LR M3 today for the first time. It happened about 3-4 different times throughout my relatively short drive. All while coming to a stop, initially accelerating, and I think 1 happened when just parked.

But it is the exact thing you are describing. Sliding/slight feeling through the pedal. Ever figure out anything about it?
I have this on my car as well, did you ever get more information on this?