Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It feels like my TM3 LR is “skipping the beat” when acceleration pedal pressed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed this weird thing few days back. I have TM3 LR 2023 (not refresh) and when driving in range 40-80 kmph it feels like sometimes the car will very slightly slows down (I feel the force pushing me forward), like if I would just for a half second put down the foot from the pedal. I was thinking that maybe it’s because I bumped on something on the road and my foot jumped from the pedal, but I don’t think that it’s the case. From what I was checking the speed when it happened, it wasn’t really noticeable (it just feels like the car stops pulling towards for a half second).

Can this be cause by the winter? Or have someone experienced something similar?

Thanks a lot. I am happy to provide additional information.

This happens to me regularly if hitting even minor bumps under hard acceleration. High tire pressures on lower-traction street tires will exacerbate this.
Yes, that's exactly my case. But I started to notice this in winter, and in summer, I haven't run into this issue at all. Also, it wasn't even in minus, but I guess the road was a bit slippery.

So it's completely normal and I don't have to worry about it?