Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What CODEC's can the Tesla Play from a USB stick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It won't play videos. The manual doesn't specify which formats are officially supported, as it should, so I'll throw out some that I know work, and hopefully others can add the ones I miss. MP3, flac, m4a, aac ( I think). I only use flac and mp3, so am not really on top of all the formats available.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
It won't play videos. The manual doesn't specify which formats are officially supported, as it should, so I'll throw out some that I know work, and hopefully others can add the ones I miss. MP3, flac, m4a, aac ( I think). I only use flac and mp3, so am not really on top of all the formats available.

Yeah isnt it strange they dont have what is supported in the manual for this? I actually looked at it today (the most recent manual I could find online) and it still doesnt specify which audio codecs are supported. It just mentions that (paraphrasing), that it only supports USB drives, and if you have an ipod or something else, it can be played through bluetooth.

It doesnt natively support videos either, which has to be a direct, purposeful omission.