Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do while you wait for delivery...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I finally made the leap and ordered a white model 3 SR plus with black interior and aero wheels on Friday. I thought I would ask the community what you would do or did while you wait for delivery. Here is what I have on my list:

-order mats for interior and trunk/frunk
- install 220v service to garage with 14-50 outlet (using mobile connector and already have the 14-50 adapter)
-screen protector
-USB splitter to be able to charge 2 phones and sentry mode

Anything else that you did or wish you did while you wait for delivery? Thanks in advance for your help.

Good call with the mats. Since the SR+ doesn't come with any the bare floor is very susceptible to stains and wear.

If you don't already have one, I would also buy and prepare (format and create a folder) a suitably fast USB drive for the dash cam and sentry mode. You can also partition it and load part of the drive with music to play (since the SR+ also doesn't come with premium connectivity).

• Helpful
Reactions: CdnElec
I am buying accessories ...
  • 15" Car Center Control Touchscreen Protect For Tesla Model 3
  • Non-Slip Performance Aluminium alloy Accelerator
  • Windshield Roof Wind Guard Noise-reducing Seal For Tesla Model 3
  • Bolt Head Cover Cap
  • Wheel Center Caps For
  • Mud Guards For Tesla Model 3
  • Door Edge Protector U-shaped Black Rubber Seal
  • Center Console Wrap Kit 5D Carbon Fiber For Tesla Model 3
  • Roof Sunshade Mesh Shading For Tesla Model 3
  • Windshield Sunshade For Tesla Model 3
  • Wattmeter
and still a month to go ...

Congratulations on the purchase.

Order your winter tires now. There was a long backlog of orders last year and some people didn't get theirs until well in to the winter.
I also ordered the tire patch kit since there's no spare tire. Not sure if I'll ever use it but it may help out in a bind some time in the future.
Also consider buying the cable organizer if you're using the mobile charging cable. It can keep things tidy and protect the connector on the charger.

+1 for look into/order winter tires. Sooner rather than later.
I'd also suggest to watch Tesla Model 3 Youtube Videos to learn more about the car and having an EV.
I learned a lot that way before getting the car, so when I picked it up I was good to go.

Congrats on the purchase!

• Helpful
Along with the winter tires, shop around for a set of TPMS sensors. Worth spending the extra to put those on your rims.

Also, look into getting tints, ceramic coating and/or paint protection film. Ceramic and PPF will require leaving the car for a few days, so plan for that (if its in your budget). I didn't do the PPF, but did ceramic and at a minimum I would recommend that for keeping the car clean.

Depending on what look you are going for, you could also do a chrome delete. Either DIY (if you have time and want to learn), or its a 1 day job if you find a good place.

Oh, and one thing missing that is essential IMO is a wrap for the centre console. That piano black will never look clean and gets scratched if you look at it. Wrap it and add some personality to your interior.

I think the winter package offered by Tesla is pretty good. It includes install as well. Somebody on RedFlagDeals forums tried to do the math and it worked to be about the same if you were buying separately. However, if you don't like Pirelli winter tires then yeah you would need to buy rims + tires + TPMS separately.

TireRack charts put Pirelli winters pretty high up, so I'm not sure what the hate is all about.

My three recommendations:

1. Buy a backup thumb drive, you don't want to risk driving without recording. I paid $8 for a 32GB thumb drive.
2. Buy the accessories you think you need and wait to see your usage before buying extra. For example, I opened the frunk 3 times since I got the car, I don't have a mat for it. The trunk I use 99% but I don't need a mat in there until winter (wet items).
3. Shop for winter tires early and budget for it

Hello to all,

Does anyone know if the long-range performance comes with floor mats?
Yes, but you will still want to replace them since they are carpet and you'll want something that works for canadian winter. 3D maxpider and tuxmats are the leading choices by most. I have the maxpider and they work very well. Not as good coverage as tuxmat, but way better looking imo. Ignore the tesla mats, they are trash for canadian winter. The tesla frunk/trunk mats are good tho...

Reactions: toishome
I was planning on ordering the winter tires from Tesla with the aero rims. Is this a bad idea?

It is not bad nor wrong, at 2050 EUR it just seems a bit too expensive to me.
A new set of premium 18" winter tires can be had under 600 EUR.
Tyre switch costs less than 100 EUR including wheels stabilization, tire and rim check.
This of course might depend on your country and your local pricing ...

I was planning on ordering the winter tires from Tesla with the aero rims. Is this a bad idea?
If you want to have 2 sets of aero for your summer/winter then its not a bad idea (also if you want to go with pirelli winters). Personally I wanted a different tire, and different rims for summer. I use my aero for winter and bought other rims and swapped tires between the two. Overall I 'saved' a few hundred $ and have a more unique look this way. Its up to you if you want the different look, and also if its worth your time to chase a few different wheel/tire options vs just paying a bit more and having a one stop tesla solution....

If you want to have 2 sets of aero for your summer/winter then its not a bad idea (also if you want to go with pirelli winters). Personally I wanted a different tire, and different rims for summer. I use my aero for winter and bought other rims and swapped tires between the two. Overall I 'saved' a few hundred $ and have a more unique look this way. Its up to you if you want the different look, and also if its worth your time to chase a few different wheel/tire options vs just paying a bit more and having a one stop tesla solution....

+1, I plan on doing the same.