Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any accessories that you find to be essential after using them for a while?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only essential accessories I can think of are front mud flaps and maybe ppf for the rear doors/fenders.

These aren't essentials but of all my accessories they are the ones I like best:
  • S3XY Buttons
  • Touchscreen swivel mount
  • Real doors handles (attach with 3M tape)
  • Wide angle side mirrors
When I ordered the S3XY buttons I also got this neat phone mount but, unfortunately, it and the buttons are both out of stock now. Also, I think the price on that phone mount has gone up. I got the touchscreen swivel mount from AO a few years back. I don't think the other accessories in the list above are available from AO.

Other AO products to consider: air filters, arm rest cover (if you have a white interior), jack pucks, performance pedals (if you didn't buy a performance), center console usb hub, usb-c upgrade module.

I like AO, they are good people but if I can buy the same product from elsewhere, it is usually the same quality but significantly less expensive. My experience with AliExpress has been good despite the long shipping times. I recently got a ring key there for about half of what it costs elsewhere.

I got four exterior door handles like these from Amazon. They were originally marketed as "anti-freeze door handles" because they make it much easier to open the doors when the handles are frozen shut.

Mine have lasted for a couple of years so far. They make it easier for me to open the doors and easier to find the door handles in the dark. They have a nice, sleek aerodynamic look. People are no longer baffled when they try to open a door for the first time.

IMHO the design of the flush door handles on the 3 and the Y was one of the few mistakes Tesla made. For me, convenience and usability far outweigh the small increase in range provided by the flush OEM handles.

I got four exterior door handles like these from Amazon. They were originally marketed as "anti-freeze door handles" because they make it much easier to open the doors when the handles are frozen shut.

Mine have lasted for a couple of years so far. They make it easier for me to open the doors and easier to find the door handles in the dark. They have a nice, sleek aerodynamic look. People are no longer baffled when they try to open a door for the first time.

IMHO the design of the flush door handles on the 3 and the Y was one of the few mistakes Tesla made. For me, convenience and usability far outweigh the small increase in range provided by the flush OEM handles.
thank you. I agree the door handle design, both interior and exterior, or annoyances for me.

The only essential accessories I can think of are front mud flaps and maybe ppf for the rear doors/fenders.

These aren't essentials but of all my accessories they are the ones I like best:
  • S3XY Buttons
  • Touchscreen swivel mount
  • Real doors handles (attach with 3M tape)
  • Wide angle side mirrors
When I ordered the S3XY buttons I also got this neat phone mount but, unfortunately, it and the buttons are both out of stock now. Also, I think the price on that phone mount has gone up. I got the touchscreen swivel mount from AO a few years back. I don't think the other accessories in the list above are available from AO.

Other AO products to consider: air filters, arm rest cover (if you have a white interior), jack pucks, performance pedals (if you didn't buy a performance), center console usb hub, usb-c upgrade module.

I like AO, they are good people but if I can buy the same product from elsewhere, it is usually the same quality but significantly less expensive. My experience with AliExpress has been good despite the long shipping times. I recently got a ring key there for about half of what it costs elsewhere.
I was looking at the s3xy buttons, but not thinking of preordering the s3xy knob instead. That looks more functional and integrated into the car.

To each their own. I really like my S3XY buttons but I'm not interested in the knob. I already have a usb hub in the location where the knob goes. I gotta admit the knob looks really cool.
If I had the buttons already might not be interested, but it’s not much more than a set of buttons and I think the knob is exactly what we want for volume and temp control. Im assuming the other buttons on it can be assigned for like glove box, wipers, trunk, etc which would be really handy.

Reactions: BitJam
If I had the buttons already might not be interested, but it’s not much more than a set of buttons and I think the knob is exactly what we want for volume and temp control. Im assuming the other buttons on it can be assigned for like glove box, wipers, trunk, etc which would be really handy.
If you get the knob, please let us know your reactions. I imagine for some people it will be the bees knees.

I want to order a screen protector from Abstract Ocean but need a few more bucks to get free shipping. Curious as to what accessories you find essential now after using them for a while in your Y. Looking through what they have I'm mostly thinking "Eh, might be handy, but do I really need that?", but after use might feel how could I live without this.
Essentials

Magbak magsafe display mount
Screen protector
Grill mesh
Of course mats and cargo cover
Head rest pillows
Center console trays
Arm rest pad
Center console protective surface wrap
Rear display shelf
Tesla Front mud flaps
Rear floor vent covers
Fanttik cordless USBC vacuum
Uber wheel covers if you don’t have Ubers
Tesla replacement wipers, the best for the koneh
My state requires front lic plate, therefore a mount
Tesla On the Road Vessels

Costly essentials
At a min front, quarter panels and rear ppf

I got console trays, screen protector, and cup holder insert. I also have premium connectivity that I wasn’t sure I would keep, and now will definitely keep.

Also considering Uber covers (for my RWD).

I got console trays, screen protector, and cup holder insert. I also have premium connectivity that I wasn’t sure I would keep, and now will definitely keep.

Also considering Uber covers (for my RWD).
Connectivity is worth the $90 per year
Yes, Uber covers are amazing
1703294843169.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Noflash and dcfas