Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to "Come to me"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to need (a) Standby Mode (but be careful with Vampire drain) and (b) a route from the car to you that doesn't cross public highways etc. I've seen it appear w/o Standby Mode, but it takes a while. If it doesnt have their the button doesnt appear.

I think you need to have "Summon Standby" in Summon settings turned on to see the "Come to Me" button. It uses power like Sentry mode, so perhaps not something you want to leave on.

Thanks for these posts. I complained about not having "Come to Me" at my last service and was told it was a phone issue. After installing the app on a tablet and on a friend's phone to no avail, I figured I'd been given bad info. Thanks to this forum, I turned on the Standby Mode and the button showed up in the app almost immediately.

I had it a few months ago and it worked great. My friends were very impressed. Then in December my computer was updated for the full self driving mode. Now when I click summon on my iPhone app the “come to me” or maps is no longer there. I only have forward and reverse.
So is this an iPhone app issue or something I need to turn on in my car?

Attachments

• D7CAB066-FED4-45FB-B193-4CA117EABDF6.png
    D7CAB066-FED4-45FB-B193-4CA117EABDF6.png
    843 KB · Views: 102
I had it a few months ago and it worked great. My friends were very impressed. Then in December my computer was updated for the full self driving mode. Now when I click summon on my iPhone app the “come to me” or maps is no longer there. I only have forward and reverse.
So is this an iPhone app issue or something I need to turn on in my car?
“Come to me” is on the main screen. Smart Summon to a map location is on the Summon screen, along with the Forward and Reverse buttons.

I prefer Come to me, I like the render showing what the car sees. Summon on the map is smoother though.

Edit-I believe The Come To Me button doesn’t appear unless the car is actually ready to come to you. I often need to force it to wake up by opening Map view, then going back out to the main screen.

I don't think I have ever seem come to me option on the main screen. Only if I go to summon and click the cross hair it changes the option to come to me instead of go to target. I have never used come to me :) I guess I will be testing this out today

I don't think I have ever seem come to me option on the main screen. Only if I go to summon and click the cross hair it changes the option to come to me instead of go to target. I have never used come to me :) I guess I will be testing this out today

The car needs to be awake and near enough for BT to connect before the app shows this.

Check to see if Standby Mode is disabled. Having this enabled will consume more energy to keep the car in standby mode for the Come To Me feature. You can exclude Home, Work and Favorites but everywhere else it will be consuming energy. Disabling Standby Mode does not affect the use of the Smart Summon feature (dropping a pin).

IMG_1186.jpg IMG_1187.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Informative
Reactions: Puddles