Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla Motors' biggest flaw/challenge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[

The only nut nobody else has cracked is getting 85kWH in a pack small and light and safe enough, well-controlled and well-behaved enough to make a good and reliable car. The rest of car manufacture is something the big makers have been refining for many decades and to quote The Matrix, they "have become exceedingly efficient at it".[/QUOTE]
I totally disagree with this statement. I am only commenting on this statement and that does not imply I agree with others things you have said. The model s is a car engineered to be great. I love driving it the comfort level and roomy interior is understated and you would not guess that from the exterior. The lines of the exterior are great I cannot state strongly enough the sense of security I get while driving it. There is no car as safe. There is no car that costs less to maintain

True, but some of that does come from the fact that it's an EV. Other OEM's could build a similar vehicle if cells become cheap enough, energy dense enough, and safe enough to make their packaging less of a challenge. I don't see that happening for quite a while so it's not going to be an issue for the next 10+ years.

Here is what I think are the challenges:

A. Consumer Ignorance - The lack of understanding that EVs are less taxing on the environment.
B. Greater Push Back- for the Auto Industry and Legislation.
C. The rise in the cost of raw materials used to build the "S" and future offerings.
D. Battery tech. Will TM be able to keep pace as it battery tech ramps up with new materials and formulas?