Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Employee was the biggest jerk!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called Tesla and got a representative and I was going over my account and my order I placed and was asking information about the financing and having a co signer that is in another state. He did not answer any of my questions and instead proceeded to tell me that if I have a co-signer, that co signer has to be there at the delivery location with you when you pick up the car. He gave me a dead end, with no if and’s or but’s. I asked to speak to a manger of financing and he told me they are just going to tell you the same thing I said well I would still like to speak to them. He said no one‘s available. I said there has to be someone available. There’s manager at every single company, he said they’re busy right now I said OK well when are they ready? When should I talk to them? Do I call back? And HE TOLD ME, (something along the lines, I can’t remember the exact words he used but he said pretty much)
THAT I WOULD BE A WASTE OF THEIR TIME AND SAID THAT THEIR TIME IS VALUABLE. They have other priorities!!!
He was ready to end the conversation as soon as he told me something that didn’t make sense and I questioned it. He stated there is nothing we can do, this is how it is, etc. if u speak to someone they’re just gonna tell you the same thing. Again he said it x4 in the conversation.
I said, I don’t care I would like to speak to one, he said none available. I said OK when should I call back? When is someone available? He says in a couple days!! WTF so I continued to question his word on there being no reason or way to speak to a supervisor manager that can confirm the information he was giving me.
I said OK, so is the manager that you are speaking about that just comes and goes whenever. Are they in the same building with you? Is there only one building in this whole country that you guys work out of and there’s only one manager? He said no I said, so how do you know they’re all busy!!
I said how do you know they’re is no one available, a manager is there consumers not there to kick their feet up, Their time is too valuable, and they don’t have time for consumer because their job is to kick their feet up?
He then started getting rude and telling me he was going to end the conversation and hang up because I would not take his word or continue to allow him to tell me I’m gonna be told the same thing so there’s no use in talking to anyone else.

Then he finally hung up on me when I told him I’m not an idiot, I know he is lying and don’t know why he is refusing to allow me to speak to someone that is knowledgeable about the financing process.

I am so, Flippin pissed I can’t even believe this punk. I talked to he was a young kid little jerk.

So unprofessional, it was unbelievable.

Tesla doesn’t care. Customer service has not been their strong suit for years. Maybe they will be more willing to make exceptions or bend over backwards if/when they have a glut of cars they need to move or excess production capacity or when Elon cares.

I’ve not had a co-signer since I was in school, pretty sure a co-signer has to be present for any loan.

I dont work for Tesla, but from every report I have seen (including my own 2 cars that I have purchased, that my wife and I bought together) co-signers have to be present on car pickup to sign.

He did not answer any of my questions and instead proceeded to tell me that if I have a co-signer, that co signer has to be there at the delivery location with you when you pick up the car

This sounds like the person did in fact answer your question and tell you that Tesla doesnt allow co-signers who are not present.

It doesnt sound like you like the answer, but going full "let me talk to your manager" after receiving information that you dont like on a verbal phone call is not usually going to resolve anything with any company (even one that cares about customer service, which Tesla pretty much doesnt).

You can try going in person to a Tesla location and see if there is some work around / exception to their process that they are willing to do, but I doubt you will be able to call anyone and get anyone to do anything other than their normal process, which is "no, all co-signers must be present).

I asked to speak to a manger of financing and he told me they are just going to tell you the same thing I said well I would still like to speak to them. He said no one‘s available. I said there has to be someone available. There’s manager at every single company, he said they’re busy right now I said OK well when are they ready? When should I talk to them? Do I call back? And HE TOLD ME, (something along the lines, I can’t remember the exact words he used but he said pretty much)
THAT I WOULD BE A WASTE OF THEIR TIME AND SAID THAT THEIR TIME IS VALUABLE.

In general terms, to get a response from a customer service person like that, either they suck (possible), they were having a bad day (also possible) or they were provoked. I wasnt there so I dont know which one of those it is, but based on the story as its presented, and the fact that I am aware that Teslas policy on co-signer not present is "sorry we cant do that" so that would have been the first answer, prompting the "let me talk to your manager" approach, it seems to me that some combination of "bad day" and "provoked" is what happend.

I just called Tesla and got a representative and I was going over my account and my order I placed and was asking information about the financing and having a co signer that is in another state. He did not answer any of my questions and instead proceeded to tell me that if I have a co-signer, that co signer has to be there at the delivery location with you when you pick up the car. He gave me a dead end, with no if and’s or but’s. I asked to speak to a manger of financing and he told me they are just going to tell you the same thing I said well I would still like to speak to them. He said no one‘s available. I said there has to be someone available. There’s manager at every single company, he said they’re busy right now I said OK well when are they ready? When should I talk to them? Do I call back? And HE TOLD ME, (something along the lines, I can’t remember the exact words he used but he said pretty much)
THAT I WOULD BE A WASTE OF THEIR TIME AND SAID THAT THEIR TIME IS VALUABLE. They have other priorities!!!
He was ready to end the conversation as soon as he told me something that didn’t make sense and I questioned it. He stated there is nothing we can do, this is how it is, etc. if u speak to someone they’re just gonna tell you the same thing. Again he said it x4 in the conversation.
I said, I don’t care I would like to speak to one, he said none available. I said OK when should I call back? When is someone available? He says in a couple days!! WTF so I continued to question his word on there being no reason or way to speak to a supervisor manager that can confirm the information he was giving me.
I said OK, so is the manager that you are speaking about that just comes and goes whenever. Are they in the same building with you? Is there only one building in this whole country that you guys work out of and there’s only one manager? He said no I said, so how do you know they’re all busy!!
I said how do you know they’re is no one available, a manager is there consumers not there to kick their feet up, Their time is too valuable, and they don’t have time for consumer because their job is to kick their feet up?
He then started getting rude and telling me he was going to end the conversation and hang up because I would not take his word or continue to allow him to tell me I’m gonna be told the same thing so there’s no use in talking to anyone else.

Then he finally hung up on me when I told him I’m not an idiot, I know he is lying and don’t know why he is refusing to allow me to speak to someone that is knowledgeable about the financing process.

I am so, Flippin pissed I can’t even believe this punk. I talked to he was a young kid little jerk.

So unprofessional, it was unbelievable.
It sounds like your question was answered, but you didn't like the answer and you lost your temper when you didn't get the answer you wanted. Maybe you should re-consider your purchase as if you need a co-signer you do not qualify. You may also reflect why you are so easily angered by reality and consider anger management.