Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the current generation of Seats in 2020 Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased Coat Hooks from Tesla (Coat Hooks) which say they are "Designed to fit in any Model X, or Model S with second-generation seats.", but they don't fit in our 2020 Model X.

So does anyone know what the current generation of seats is?

I remembered reading that they were updating the Model X seats late last year to be thinner for more leg room in the second row. (could only find an article on Elektrek: Tesla updates Model X with new front seats for more space and seat pockets - Electrek).

The article also mentions seat back pockets, which are not in the generation of seats I have.

Yep. I just didn't realize when I purchased the coat hooks that they wouldn't work. There is no indication in the store for this item of what vehicles have 'second generation seats', or a warning about lack of compatibility with current generation seats. I guess you are supposed to deduce that from looking at the photo?

So anyone in the Bay Area Peninsula interested in an open box/ new set of coat hooks ($50)? :)

Yep. I just didn't realize when I purchased the coat hooks that they wouldn't work. There is no indication in the store for this item of what vehicles have 'second generation seats', or a warning about lack of compatibility with current generation seats. I guess you are supposed to deduce that from looking at the photo?

So anyone in the Bay Area Peninsula interested in an open box/ new set of coat hooks ($50)? :)
You should make Tesla refund you. That way maybe they will change the description on their website or force them to make universal ones that work for both!

I requested a refund and mentioned that the description of 'second-generation seats' was not useful to indicate compatibility.

Tesla provided an RMA and I sent it back and just received a notice that they will credit a refund ($46.43 of $54.63 within 7 biz days).

But I was happy to see that they updated the website to "Designed to fit Model X, or Model S built before 12/9/2019".
So hopefully that will help for future potential purchasers!

I haven’t done anything about coat hangers yet. I see that some third-party companies sell them, but I’m not confident that they will be compatible, or of an acceptable quality.
I wanted to file off the latch bit on the back and it seemed to me like they would likely work by just being hooked at the top.
But my wife was concerned that they would scratch the seats somehow. Maybe I should have just done it, lol.