Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the line up process when Kingston Supercharger is full?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is stopping at Cornwall and Belleville on a Montreal to Toronto trip? I know it's two stop compared to one in Kingston, but if you have to wait 30 mins for an open stall in Kingston, might be worth stopping 10 mins in Cornwall and get a coffee?

I did Bellville to Montreal to and back two weeks ago. It's close on the return leg going uphill but it's doable :). Visited Eastside Mario and had a drink while waiting.

All money saved on gas = alcohol money :D

I did Bellville to Montreal to and back two weeks ago. It's close on the return leg going uphill but it's doable :). Visited Eastside Mario and had a drink while waiting.

All money saved on gas = alcohol money :D

Considering I'm getting a SR+, and won't stop charging at Fairview Mall in Montreal (live close by, will be at 95% when I get there), not sure there's enough range. At least not according to a better route planner.

How is stopping at Cornwall and Belleville on a Montreal to Toronto trip? I know it's two stop compared to one in Kingston, but if you have to wait 30 mins for an open stall in Kingston, might be worth stopping 10 mins in Cornwall and get a coffee?
Once Brockville is open, and assuming it is just off the highway, then won't that be the ideal two stop trip?

See my other message here about my trip to Toronto last week : Toronto to Montreal.

tl;dr; in SR+, it's best to do Belleville+Cornwall than Kingston IMO.

I have an SR+ and am debating whether to take it on an upcoming trip from the Greater Toronto area to Cornwall, ON. My concern is that the temperature could be -15C or lower and the run between the Kingston, ON Supercharger is 177 kilometres necessitating a full charge at Kingston, ON. My arrival in Cornwall is time sensitive and I have been reading that the Kingston Supercharger routinely has significant wait times to charge. Today, just out of curiosity I tapped the Kingston Supercharger in the Nav in the car to see if it was busy and it indicated that Supercharger was showing on "reduced service" with no information about stalls available. Anyone have any idea what this is all about? I've read that this message could mean that there is a broken stall or a problem reduced charging speed. Is it possible Tesla has flagged it this way because of the wait times in an effort to reroute cars with sufficient range to stop at the 20 stall Belleville, ON Supercharger instead? Assuming there is nothing major wrong with the Kingston Supercharger, am I same to make this trip with an SR+ in the dead of Winter?

What is your rated range? You could do the bulk of your charging at Belleville, and then less need to spend a lot of time at Kingston - it is 256km from Belleville to Cornwall. Another reason why the Brockville SC is really, really needed. Then there would be no issue as you would just need brief stops at 15-20 minute stops both of the B'villes and you would be fine.

Regarding the reduced service message - it seems that for months the stall usage reporting for Kingston has been F'ed. I stopped in Kingston both ways on a trip at Christmas and it said that there was 1 or 2 stalls available when it was more like 3 or 4. It almost seems like they have lost the capability to read the status of 2-4 of the SCs at Kingston.

I have an SR+ and am debating whether to take it on an upcoming trip from the Greater Toronto area to Cornwall, ON. My concern is that the temperature could be -15C or lower and the run between the Kingston, ON Supercharger is 177 kilometres necessitating a full charge at Kingston, ON. My arrival in Cornwall is time sensitive and I have been reading that the Kingston Supercharger routinely has significant wait times to charge. Today, just out of curiosity I tapped the Kingston Supercharger in the Nav in the car to see if it was busy and it indicated that Supercharger was showing on "reduced service" with no information about stalls available. Anyone have any idea what this is all about? I've read that this message could mean that there is a broken stall or a problem reduced charging speed. Is it possible Tesla has flagged it this way because of the wait times in an effort to reroute cars with sufficient range to stop at the 20 stall Belleville, ON Supercharger instead? Assuming there is nothing major wrong with the Kingston Supercharger, am I same to make this trip with an SR+ in the dead of Winter?

I'm in the same boat. Driving from Montreal to Toronto in February in my SR+, can't leave Montréal before 10 am, and need to be in Toronto at 7PM for a show...

In summer it's totally doable skipping Kingston, but in winter, you're right, it can be tight. You can make simulation using A Better Routeplanner, or even typing your destination in your car.

I'm considering borrowing a CHAdeMo adapter in case I can't make it from Cornwall to Belleville and Kingston is not operational.

I'm in the same boat. Driving from Montreal to Toronto in February in my SR+, can't leave Montréal before 10 am, and need to be in Toronto at 7PM for a show...

In summer it's totally doable skipping Kingston, but in winter, you're right, it can be tight. You can make simulation using A Better Routeplanner, or even typing your destination in your car.

I'm considering borrowing a CHAdeMo adapter in case I can't make it from Cornwall to Belleville and Kingston is not operational.

As of about 30 minutes ago the status of the Kingston Supercharger was back to normal in the Nav in the car with it indicating 5 of 6 stalls available. I'm going to continue to monitor it over the days leading up to my trip this coming Monday. I had also thought of borrowing or renting a CHAdeMo adapter if one was available in the worst case scenario (Kingston not operational) run from Belleville to Cornwall. I had also considered stopping at a level 2 charger for an hour which should achieve 10 - 14% in charge buffer....again in the worst case scenario that Kingston is not operational.