Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the trick to get volume working on SiriusXM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.
I have a Model S 2020. About 10 - 15% of the time when I get into my car to drive there is NO volume on SXM. Does anyone know a way around this?
I used to be able to say "Turn on Radio", and it would turn on AM or FM radio where the volume came on, and I would switch back to SXM to get it working. Now that doesn't even work.
I basically have to drive around with no volume, stop get out and pray that the volume works again. No idea how it gets turned off, or how it gets turned back on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have a 2020, and rarely the SXM volume is not on. I have found if you mute and unmute it comes back on my car. A nagging feature for me, but I can get it working again quickly. Try this. I don't know why the volume stops sometimes.

Thanks. I tried the reboot method as well. I listened to music from my phone on Bluetooth for the ride back home. When I pulled into the garage and checked, XM was working again. Not sure if getting back in WiFi coverage did anything, but all good now.