Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your "Top 5 List" (or Top 10 List) for new SC Locations?

What is your top 3 choices out of my list?

• Hickory, NC

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Beckley, WV

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Columbia, SC

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Florence, SC

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Birmingham, AL

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Johnson City, TN

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Decatur/Athens, AL

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Jackson, TN

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Tupelo, MS

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Memphis, TN

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Superchargers are for long distance travel. I live in California, but Tesla needs to complete the major cross-country routes which are I-90, I-80, I-70, I-40 and I-10.

I-90, I-70 & I-40 are in pretty good shape.

I-80 and I-10 need to be completed.

Superchargers are for long distance travel. I live in California, but Tesla needs to complete the major cross-country routes which are I-90, I-80, I-70, I-40 and I-10.

I-40 is completely open here in the Mid-South. Needs Memphis and Little Rock for a start. All on the 2016 plan on Tesla's map, but not there yet.

Reactions: Drucifer

Superchargers are also for areas of density as well as distance - for 2 years now. Hence, in part, the 4 SCs in LA County and the soon to be 4 SCs in Orange County, And more are needed. Same with the Bay Area, same with the East Coast - it ain't rocket science.

Tesla is behind with I-10 between Tucson and San Antonio, and has struggled to keep up with the density/distance nexus that is Orange County and North San Diego County. Theoretically Buena Park and Santa Ana will help, but until there is an SC in North (SD) County the distance travel from San Diego will disproportionately impact density charging in Orange County.