Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Offset Gives Flush Fitment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I don't sound stupid with this question but I've never really understood wheel fitment all that much.

I understand the lower the offset, the further out the wheel will be - and that's the gist of my knowledge.

With that being said, what is the proper offset for an "aggressive stance" or "flush" fitment on the Model 3 LR?

I would like to get wheels that are as close to flush with the fenders as possible without the use of spacers.

Thanks for entertaining my noob question.

This website is a comprehensive guide to fitment for various specs on your car. You can filter results based on if you're stock ride height, lowered, etc. If you are going to lower the car, you will want even lower offset than stock height, since the wheels will naturally camber/tuck inwards. With that said, I still found this guide to be a little on the conservative side of fitment (choose the lowest number in the range they give for best fitment). If you want absolutely perfect flush fitment, the rear wheels will need even less offset than the front due to the shape of the car; so you will be running a staggered fitment.

For reference, I am running 18 x 9.5 ET+33 in the front, and 18 x 9.5 ET +22 in the rear and I am very flush (the guide says to run 18 x 9.5 ET 32-36 all around). I am also lowered on coilovers. Hope this helps.

This website is a comprehensive guide to fitment for various specs on your car. You can filter results based on if you're stock ride height, lowered, etc. If you are going to lower the car, you will want even lower offset than stock height, since the wheels will naturally camber/tuck inwards. With that said, I still found this guide to be a little on the conservative side of fitment (choose the lowest number in the range they give for best fitment). If you want absolutely perfect flush fitment, the rear wheels will need even less offset than the front due to the shape of the car; so you will be running a staggered fitment.

For reference, I am running 18 x 9.5 ET+33 in the front, and 18 x 9.5 ET +22 in the rear and I am very flush (the guide says to run 18 x 9.5 ET 32-36 all around). I am also lowered on coilovers. Hope this helps.
what size tires are you running with this setup? looking at doing something similar

Hi, could you help me out and let me know which tire size you went with? Although discount tire has returns, I’d rather get it on the first try as I’m running the same exact wheels size and offset. Hopefully you’re still on tbis forum. Also, would you happen to have a picture of your model 3 with this setup?

Thank you in advance!