Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What suspension height is everyone using

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For any sort of long trip, we set the setting to standard.

We recently learned the hard way that allowing a low setting resulted in excessive wear on the inner side of both front tires.

It seems the lower the setting, the higher the camber angle - resulting in higher tread wear.

No discernible difference in handling between low or standard.

Hi everyone,

I got my CPO MX P90D last month and it have serious shudder problem when we picked up the car. TSC finally fixed the problem last week and I asked the technician about the suspension height and shudder issue. He said that it will be best to leave at standard.

Previous owner had the car set in low always. And the tire seems even wore to my eyes.

So should I set on low or standard ?

Hi everyone,

I got my CPO MX P90D last month and it have serious shudder problem when we picked up the car. TSC finally fixed the problem last week and I asked the technician about the suspension height and shudder issue. He said that it will be best to leave at standard.

Previous owner had the car set in low always. And the tire seems even wore to my eyes.

So should I set on low or standard ?
Standard you’ll get the shudder coming back eventually (no permanent fix). Low you’ll have uneven tire wear, but prolong shudder from coming back.

I have the shudder as I tow a trailer often and that adds more stress, and tow only in standard.