Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor What Tesla Owners Should Expect from Their Local Detailer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jskco

Ceramic Pro Elite Grand Junction
Local Vendor - Mountain/Southwest
Jul 14, 2023
Grand Junction, CO
I received an email from a long-time industry insider, whom I credited in our blog post. That email got me thinking about all the things we do and are getting ready to do for EV owners and the specialized knowledge it takes to work with EVs.

• Does your detailer have a level two charger on-site or along with the adapter for Teslas?
  • If a situation were to come up where they needed to place your vehicle on a lift or use a jack, do they have the Tesla pads/ pukcs and knowledge?
  • Do they understand they impact of window tint on the range in an EV and the longer-term benefits of luxary window tints for Tesla owners?
  • Do they know that spot on your Tesla where you should have put OEM film but didn't? Are they going to insist on adding it even though it's not part of the package?
  • What about the weird way the cable drags when your spouse goes to a DC charging station that positions the charger in front of the vehicle? Are they addressing that?
  • Do they stock over paint chip repair color for PPF and ceramic jobs?
  • Do they understand Tesla paint and how it responds to correction?
  • What steps does your detailer take to avoid water getting into electronic systems?

I had a friendly conversation with a repeat customer of mine who drives a diesel truck. He asked me when the Diesel pump was going in. We laughed and talked about how it is not the same. If his battery dies while we tint the vehicle, we can jump-start it. His vehicle will not be using any fuel while we work on it. If his fuel is low, he can fill it up a dozen places within .5 miles and do so quickly.

Let me be clear. You are not unique or deserving of special treatment because of the vehicle you drive. That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is we live in a world where a tow truck driver refused to tow a vehicle out of water because they did not want to get electrocuted. It is not fair to ask the average person to understand your EV. But the person you are paying to tint, coat, and protect it should have an above-average understanding -- and make steps to accommodate.