Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What wheel lugs does the Roadster use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Roadster has been in the service center all week for it's annual service, and I got a call last night that I had forgotten to provide them the wheel lock key! So I'm running down there Tuesday morning with that. My previous cars with locks, the dealers always had the keys and never needed my wheel lock so it slipped my mind.

I think it's unnecessary to have these locks so I'd like to bring them 4 regular wheel lugs to replace them with, but I don't know the specs. I'm thinking of just running to O'Reilly Auto Parts (or similar) if someone knows the precise wheel lug specs, I've got a 2010 Base model with the base wheels.

Thanks!.

You can just have them remove the keyed lock and have them replace with a torx lug instead, you just need the torx adapter. When I lost my wheel lock key Tesla had the master key for all the wheel locks. They drove to my work, gave me the keys which I found the right adapter, removed the keyed lug, and replaced it with a torx stud which they provided me free of charge.

I ended up replacing all my lugs with the standard hex lugs.

There's a thread on TMC that discusses which BMW lugs cross over.