Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats the best lowering springs or lowering links available for the Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Blox are heavily used on the 'legacy' Model S for their simplicity and low cost, they're just as solid for Plaid. I use Blox on my car.

The main difference between the Blox and the N2itive is that the N2itive have markings on the links themselves to let you fine tune your change in ride height and lock it in without any other tools.

The ride level sensors are very sensitive.....1mm difference in length of the link translates to 1/4" of change in ride height.

So, For Blox, you need a digital caliper to make sure it's perfect. But the process is still simple - measure the factory links, and then make the lowering links 1mm longer than the factory links for each 1/4" of drop you want. then tighten it down. You just have to spend a little bit more time on the Blox. Generally, though, once you have everything installed and the suspension settled at the height you like, you'll never touch them again.

Just FYI, and I don't mean this to be a dig in any way - but the fact that you mention lowering springs for a car with air struts means you're not really aware of how air suspension works. I'd really suggest at least watching a youtube video on how air suspension works so that you understand how you're manipulating your system into lowering itself without changing other hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: itch808