Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the easiest way to change the side of the fog light?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My UK Model S (2017) is going for it's first CT test in France next week, and I'm fearing the worst over the fog light being on the wrong side.

What options do I have to correct this?

If I bought 2 new light clusters from an EU Model S, would they simply work?

I've seen a few aftermarket rear lights that replace the reflectors at the bottom of the rear bumper, however I can't get confirmation that they do in fact work as Fog lights even though all the Chinese sellers call them Fog lights (Descriptions say they flash on indicating and braking). Does anyone have these?

Any other solutions?

noone cares which side the fog light is. There is not even a requirement for which side the fog light should be on and people will stick to their lane and will notice what side you are on. In fact I'm pretty sure that on the Model 3 both RHD and LHD have the foglight on the same side?

Unfortunately you are wrong. The legal requirement in France is that a single fog light must be in the centre or to the Left. Whereas in the UK it's the opposite.
It's very common amongst the expat community that fog lights need changing on an imported car or the government department issuing the registration simply won't allow it.

I'm wondering if I can run 2 wires between the revere and fog lights to swap them over.

Unfortunately you are wrong. The legal requirement in France is that a single fog light must be in the centre or to the Left. Whereas in the UK it's the opposite.
It's very common amongst the expat community that fog lights need changing on an imported car or the government department issuing the registration simply won't allow it.

I'm wondering if I can run 2 wires between the revere and fog lights to swap them over.

you dont need to change your foglight when you visit france.

I'm not visiting, I've moved to France and importing my car to French plates.
Yes I do need to sort the fog light issue as the French government will not issue a French registration until it complies.

I'm not visiting, I've moved to France and importing my car to French plates.
Yes I do need to sort the fog light issue as the French government will not issue a French registration until it complies.

oh didnt realize you were changing registration. I reckon you should just buy some aftermarket rear lights of aliexpress (or some OEM LHD ones from tesla) and install them yourself. the foglight is integrated in it.

My initial thought was these but they don't have `fog brightness` and after doing more research any lights I use must have the E (Europe) mark on them. So official Tesla lights are the only way to go I think.
Or attach a crappy after market fog light to the bumper, which would look horrendous.