Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel bands for performance 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Havent seen that one but just checked it out. Seems like more of a universal one. There are a bunch of companies like Abstract Ocean making ones specifically for Model 3 but nit for the performance 20s!

I bought the ones from Abstract Ocean and they work great on the 20" rims. Basically, the way you install them is to run them around the circumference of the rim, sticking them as you go. The kit from Abstract Ocean came with more than enough material to cover all 4 20" rims.

BTW, they work great and I highly recommend them. Just be sure to follow the instructions in terms of making sure the rims are stripped of any sealants and are very clean prior to the installation.

I bought the ones from Abstract Ocean and they work great on the 20" rims. Basically, the way you install them is to run them around the circumference of the rim, sticking them as you go. The kit from Abstract Ocean came with more than enough material to cover all 4 20" rims.

BTW, they work great and I highly recommend them. Just be sure to follow the instructions in terms of making sure the rims are stripped of any sealants and are very clean prior to the installation.

Cool thanks ill do that. Its weird though because it literally says on the site that its not for performance 20s but also says that it has a ton of extra rope. Ill take your word!

Cool thanks ill do that. Its weird though because it literally says on the site that its not for performance 20s but also says that it has a ton of extra rope. Ill take your word!

I did buy mine several months ago and I do not recall seeing anything like that at the time of my purchase. Perhaps you can contact AO customer service and ask them why the warn against using the current wheel bands on 20" rims. Mine went on with no problems and I have also "used" them (i.e. accidentally plowed into a curb) at least twice. They protected the rim as advertised.

• Love
Reactions: StephanB