Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel color changed after ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new, first post. I ordered a M3P with the 20" wheels in standard silver. I was bummed because I wanted the grey wheels but the upgrade option was unavailable (guessing based on availability). No biggie so I ordered the regular 20's. Original screenshots show the car as ordered. Well yesterday the generated image of my tesla showed the grey wheels totally randomly. I clicked on details and it shows the grey 20's. I absolutely did not pick this. Is Tesla known for swapping around options after ordering like this maybe bases on availabikity? Instead of complaining, I'm excited and I hope they don't fix it, but curious if Tesla is known for these shenanigans to options post ordering Haha.

I tried the search function so hopefully I didn't miss this topic someplace. Thanks!

Brand new, first post. I ordered a M3P with the 20" wheels in standard silver. I was bummed because I wanted the grey wheels but the upgrade option was unavailable (guessing based on availability). No biggie so I ordered the regular 20's. Original screenshots show the car as ordered. Well yesterday the generated image of my tesla showed the grey wheels totally randomly. I clicked on details and it shows the grey 20's. I absolutely did not pick this. Is Tesla known for swapping around options after ordering like this maybe bases on availabikity? Instead of complaining, I'm excited and I hope they don't fix it, but curious if Tesla is known for these shenanigans to options post ordering Haha.

I tried the search function so hopefully I didn't miss this topic someplace. Thanks!
You did miss this topic in several different posts. Yes Tesla changed the wheels from silver to grey on the performance. Price also went up 1k. The final on if those of us who already had an order in having to pay the increase is still out but most agree that we will get the new wheels.