Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel color changed after ordering

WolverineAF

Oct 20, 2019
Arizona
Brand new, first post. I ordered a M3P with the 20" wheels in standard silver. I was bummed because I wanted the grey wheels but the upgrade option was unavailable (guessing based on availability). No biggie so I ordered the regular 20's. Original screenshots show the car as ordered. Well yesterday the generated image of my tesla showed the grey wheels totally randomly. I clicked on details and it shows the grey 20's. I absolutely did not pick this. Is Tesla known for swapping around options after ordering like this maybe bases on availabikity? Instead of complaining, I'm excited and I hope they don't fix it, but curious if Tesla is known for these shenanigans to options post ordering Haha.

I tried the search function so hopefully I didn't miss this topic someplace. Thanks!

shiftkenny

Oct 19, 2018
San Diego
As I'm just totally getting this from my a55 but didn't tesla have the new wheels now on all cars I know there are new Aeros too. They might update everyone's cars to new wheels. Again I. Just guessing. Also Congratulations and Welcome

Kilotango74

Apr 2, 2019
Palmdale, CA
Brand new, first post. I ordered a M3P with the 20" wheels in standard silver. I was bummed because I wanted the grey wheels but the upgrade option was unavailable (guessing based on availability). No biggie so I ordered the regular 20's. Original screenshots show the car as ordered. Well yesterday the generated image of my tesla showed the grey wheels totally randomly. I clicked on details and it shows the grey 20's. I absolutely did not pick this. Is Tesla known for swapping around options after ordering like this maybe bases on availabikity? Instead of complaining, I'm excited and I hope they don't fix it, but curious if Tesla is known for these shenanigans to options post ordering Haha.

I tried the search function so hopefully I didn't miss this topic someplace. Thanks!
You did miss this topic in several different posts. Yes Tesla changed the wheels from silver to grey on the performance. Price also went up 1k. The final on if those of us who already had an order in having to pay the increase is still out but most agree that we will get the new wheels.

Kilotango74

Apr 2, 2019
Palmdale, CA
As I'm just totally getting this from my a55 but didn't tesla have the new wheels now on all cars I know there are new Aeros too. They might update everyone's cars to new wheels. Again I. Just guessing. Also Congratulations and Welcome
The only new wheels is on the performance model.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC