Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel/Tire Weights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one have data on the weights for the stock wheel/tire combos? I've seen i1tesla's wheel weight video where he reveals the 21" Uber turbines coming in at 64 and 68 lbs per wheel/tire (ironically horrible for performance) but I'm curious what the induction wheels/tires weigh and if anyone has any data on what difference in rotational weight does for efficiency. I know that's a complicated question but looking for some rule of thumb to see if it makes sense to change wheels out. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: preilly44
Martian Wheels in 20" come in at around 20lbs, I am sure they could make a custom 21" setup for a few lbs more which would be considerably lighter than the stock wheel options.

Ref Link: Martian Wheels

There is a discount code JASONLEON for Y and 3 wheels to take $ off around 100-150. Weight affects acceleration the most and acutely on the highway once you are up to speed. The design of the face of the wheel as well as the tire compound affects range much more.