Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will my Tesla be a robotaxi and generate 3k/day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla can't even do normal dynamic cruise control which all other manufacturers have mastered 10 years ago. Simple things like -- staying in the lane, keeping speed when possible, and stopping to avoid cars and objects in front of it -- it can't do these things. I wish I could use my $10,000 cruise control! FSD would be nice, but the car can't even crawl using autopilot without slamming on the brakes and doing inappropriate actions every time I use it. I have been just leaving it off lately. Too much trouble.
Agree with this 100%. FSD was "only" $3,000. when I bought my car is 2018, but I must say it was and is a total rip off. The phantom braking is really annoying.

This car will never be a robotaxi.

Agree with this 100%. FSD was "only" $3,000. when I bought my car is 2018, but I must say it was and is a total rip off. The phantom braking is really annoying.

This car will never be a robotaxi.
You're entitled to your opinion of course, but my "total rip off" has saved me from certain accidents at least 6 times so I guess value is in the eye of the investor.

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
What about the subpar service? It's not a matter of if, it's when these cars need service. Long turnaround time. Lack of parts. Ghosting of customers. Can a "robotaxi" owner afford to not having his car for a while? Weird behaviors while using "self driving " features will lead to accidents, or at the very least scare the sh*t out of riders.

But that's the point. It saw what I didn't or couldn't. It has repaid my investment many times over in potential accident damage, let alone possible hospitalization.

Dan
No what I was saying is I don’t believe every time that happened to you that you got into an accident prior to getting a car with FSD. Which means FSD was doing something YOU failed to do. Did it technically save you from an accident, yes, but paying attention would have as well.

Reactions: TespaceX
Near the end of this video gives me some confidence that FSD wider release is coming sooner than I originally expected. Not complete confidence. More examples of this need to be shown to be part of the learning process.

*IF* the car can learn from an intervention, or aggregate set of interventions, in real time, we could see these 'corner cases' clear up pretty quickly.

• Love
Reactions: jonquiljo