Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When you sell a Tesla does FSD stay with the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ianal, but I personally would trust nothing less than something to the legal level of a sales document/receipt and detailed statement of warranty/exclusions.

so far, again, I dont see any firm legally binding (if it came to court) language saying that it will now and forever, no matter what tesla does (or even if tesla changes hands) - if you purchased software option X, no one can take it away from you, no matter what.

'he said in a chat' counts for nothing. elon saying things also counts for nothing. is that a legally binding thing, when a ceo 'says stuff' ? NO! not in this country, at least.

the age of trusting a smile and handshake are long, long gone. and we've seen how companies change 'the rules' on a whim - and fully get away with it.

to each his own; some may feel ok trusting a 'chat script'. but that is not legally binding, as far as I'm aware.

have fun arguing in court - what you *think* was a legally binding promise.

In reality, you're right regarding any true legal recourse. I certainly am not going to waste time and energy actually pursuing anything in court to *maybe* recover $10k. Not worth the potential risk and investment, to me at least. I'm at peace with my purchase decision based on the data I had available. I've seen enough of what the company has delivered to date to have faith that more amazing things are coming. Time will tell. The good news is that they will be adding a subscription with a much lower entry threshold for people that may not feel comfortable buying it out right.