TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where can I get a 3-phase adapter in the UK?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Ellisla, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Ellisla

Ellisla New Member

I hear Tesla no longer stock the 3 phase adapter, and I can't find one for less than £500.
    This: Tesla 16A 3-phase Red Gen1 UMC adaptor - Xavelec

I've just bought a used Model S and don't have a charger at home yet, the one at work is a 5-pin, 3 phase port, here's a photo: (I only have the standard charging cable with flat top type 2 female connector.)
    port.jpeg
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, so I don't have to go sit at a supercharger on the other side of town every other day until I get a wall charger at home :D

2. Ellisla

Ellisla New Member

In case anyone else needs the same, it turns out I didn't have the UMC that most owners have, so I had to purchase that and one of the above adapters from Tesla Leeds for £630 total, the adapter was only £100 of that.

They were a bit of a nightmare to get hold of but I called the number from them on Google maps, pressed option 5 for "service" which put me through to various different UK locations, which then had to transfer me to the Leeds dealership.