Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where does xxxx part belong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did some searches and couldn't seem to find any similar threads. Though I'd start a place where owners can post pics of parts that seems to be misplaces (bolts, screws, clips, etc) with hopes of identification through crowdsourcing.

Found this bolt on my garage floor this morning and am curious if anyone knows where it belongs or has seen a similar one. It's definitely from my P3D, as my garage floor is kept very clean. Small screws wouldn't bother me, but this seems large. Hoping it was an extra that somehow fell behind during manufacturing (the threads don't appear to show any wear).

View media item 118983View media item 118982

Attachments

• 56035913553__B3788EC3-1782-46F1-B66A-F70ED0ED90DC.jpg
    56035913553__B3788EC3-1782-46F1-B66A-F70ED0ED90DC.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 77
great idea for a thread!

When I worked at a place that had an engineering department, my boss would pickup any random odd thing he could find and interoffice it to them asking them how quickly they could reproduce. He'd put random people's names in the "from" on the envelope. Said he'd been doing that for decades and no one had approached him about it yet. LOL

Update on loose bolts pictured above:

I brought into Burlingame SC, and learned that they are only to hold the battery cover. So no serious threat. They put the car on a lift and had me out the door in less than 20 min. It was my first SC experience, and a very positive one!

Glad you got it fixed but I actually think this is still pretty serious. If the battery cover comes undone during winter....

Reactions: C141medic
Glad you got it fixed but I actually think this is still pretty serious. If the battery cover comes undone during winter....

Yeah I agree. Anything falling off under the car and dragging while driving at speed can create big problems. Just saying it wasn’t like the battery itself was unsupported.
I’d still recommend others take a look. My vin is 84xxx, mfg 9/18 for those curious.

Yeah I agree. Anything falling off under the car and dragging while driving at speed can create big problems. Just saying it wasn’t like the battery itself was unsupported.
I’d still recommend others take a look. My vin is 84xxx, mfg 9/18 for those curious.

Yeah I need to figure out how to get down low enough to look under there. My VIN is in the 49,000s with early August production (supposedly)

Bolt cover from the armrest on the door. It’s right behind the door open button.

YOU WON!!!!!!

The was the first place I checked before posting but I couldn't figure out where. Yesterday we checked all four doors just to be sure, but they all had them so I pulled off the passenger door piece that was installed and they were identical part numbers, etc. Guess Tesla figures I'm gonna lose one so they threw in an extra?